Subject: The most difficult rolls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wondering, which special rolls do you fellow gamers consider as the most difficult ones?

I think the "bounce over the card" shot is quite difficult... Might be because of my table though. It seems I can't get enough force in the die for it to bounce again once the card is cleared OR then I give too much force and the die just flies over the board

One roll that I haven't even get to try yet, is the "slam shot"(?), where I would have to throw the die in the air and then slam it down on the table. Sounds very difficult!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Slam shot is very hard for me, but Aureliano hit the target at 100% when he try it!

About the Jump over the card Shot exist a secret technic... but only after 10 years of of professional Dungeon Fighting can be revealed. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sharwarko
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game. On second play through we decided to take the dungeon path that leads to a fountain. First room on this path is "blow the die from your hand". First monster was monkey with "under the leg". We decided this as impossible, took the 1hp penalty and replaced monster. Second monster was headless knight with "head shot". Also decided this was impossible. Great start to our dungeon crawl. We died on the 3rd dungeon card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely the bounce over the card one for our group. I think we had a pretty skilled dungeon party, but that one just gave us no chance. I really don't want to house rule removing it from the game, but it also is kind of a downer to get to a card and know the game is probably over... I'm interested what this "secret technique" is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick fetz
Liechtenstein
flag msg tools
sorry for replying in this old topic but we just cant accomplish the 'slam shot' ....WAAAAAAH!!!!!

...drawing such a card always stands for the end of the game..

the icon looks like a tennis player, serving or clashing the ball...how in the world should this be done?

can anyone post a vid of accomplishing it? i can hardly believe that anyone apart from chuck norris can do this..

(our table is 120x60cm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bouncing over a card is definitely the hardest for us (e.g. next to impossible), and we just draw another card when it comes up.

We do the "slam" one kind of half-assed: We toss the die up in the air, then just kind of tap it with a palm when it's on its way down... so the right overall motion, but very little power to your arm swing (more like a controlled push or redirection than a slap/slam).

Off the nose is probably the next hardest for us, but it's fun and in the spirit of the game. Seems to depend how flat your nose is. Very difficult for pointy nosed types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick fetz
Liechtenstein
flag msg tools
aah, the so called housewife serve thanks jeff. this will really help!

btw..the bouncing over card isnt thaaat hard for us. just concentrate to hit the table with the edge/tip of the dice and it works out in at least 50% of the cases. however one or two trials might be a good idea before going into crunch time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.