Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Some Other Dude Did It rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Or, in legal defense circles, a SODDI strategy.

Dear Leader has not backed off a bit in blaming everyone else for his leadership failures since the moment he stepped to the podium and took over the Dear Leadership reins. I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?

"Look, over there! They did it!!!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?


Obama has had a filibuster proof supermajority in the senate for a whopping six months of his Presidency, from when Al Franken was sworn in on July 7th 2009 to when Scott Brown was elected to replace the late Senator Kennedy in February on 2010. Where do you get two years?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?


Obama has had a filibuster proof supermajority in the senate for a whopping six months of his Presidency, from when Al Franken was sworn in on July 7th 2009 to when Scott Brown was elected to replace the late Senator Kennedy in February on 2010. Where do you get two years?


Typical lib. Shift goal posts, deploy SODDI. Reminds me of Hillary back in the 90's when she was 1st Lady and America told her to go pound sand on her HC crap. Her response was that the only reason they didn't like it was because they weren't educated enough on it to understand how wonderful it was.

Lookie! A blue link!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?


Obama has had a filibuster proof supermajority in the senate for a whopping six months of his Presidency, from when Al Franken was sworn in on July 7th 2009 to when Scott Brown was elected to replace the late Senator Kennedy in February on 2010. Where do you get two years?


Typical lib. Shift goal posts, deploy SODDI. Reminds me of Hillary back in the 90's when she was 1st Lady and America told her to go pound sand on her HC crap. Her response was that the only reason they didn't like it was because they weren't educated enough on it to understand how wonderful it was.

Lookie! A blue link!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html


What's your point? It's been proven time and again that in the modern political climate 57 senators on your side is not enough to do anything meaningful because of the ludicrous filibuster rules.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Or, in legal defense circles, a SODDI strategy.

Dear Leader has not backed off a bit in blaming everyone else for his leadership failures since the moment he stepped to the podium and took over the Dear Leadership reins. I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?

"Look, over there! They did it!!!"


I'm also curious as to what you think he should have done to push things through Congress. I'm sure the administration would love to hear the brilliant solution you came up with that no one in D.C. could figure out.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Or, in legal defense circles, a SODDI strategy.

Dear Leader has not backed off a bit in blaming everyone else for his leadership failures since the moment he stepped to the podium and took over the Dear Leadership reins. I wonder - do you think when you controlled all of congress and the White House for two years and 2/3 of it for the last 18 months, that SODDI will sell on election day?

"Look, over there! They did it!!!"


I'm also curious as to what you think he should have done to push things through Congress. I'm sure the administration would love to hear the brilliant solution you came up with that no one in D.C. could figure out.


I dunno. What do you and your thumb brigade think? Perhaps you have a different idea of leadership than I do. So, let's see... I wonder... has there ever been a democrat president who managed to get important policies enacted despite not having control of congress? Hmmmm... how about a republican president facing a democrat controlled congress? Well, if there have been former presidents who led by action, cooperation and intelligence I'm sure Google will assist you in figuring out who they are.

*hint* They're the ones who didn't use the SODDI strategy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.