Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought that crossed my mind. I believe that Anachronism is the first expandable card game that qualifies as an LCG (FFG's game model). I do recall that this aspect of the game's marketing was part of the allure that dragged me in when it came out (that and the history & art).

If game play had been a bit more interesting (e.g. more significance to maneuvering), I think it could have been more more successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Blue Moon beat it by a bit. That was a much more traditional card game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
I believe Blue Moon beat it by a bit. That was a much more traditional card game, though.

You are right, it beat Anachronism by 1 year. Was Blue Moon intended to be a traditional card game or a deck-builder? I know there were deck building rules in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh man, my friends and I love Anachronism. I find it's a lot better as a three or four player game than one-on-one. I hadn't really considered it as a deck building game / LCG, but I guess it really was in retrospect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
Bwian wrote:
You are right, it beat Anachronism by 1 year. Was Blue Moon intended to be a traditional card game or a deck-builder? I know there were deck building rules in it.
It was designed for deck building. There were 8 races in the initial set, and for the most part they were divided up into race-specific decks for sale. But there were a few cards from each race thrown into the other decks as well, even in the starter set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls