Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Last Word» Forums » Rules

Subject: What about the player who gave in their Subject Card to start the round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'll ask this to the publishers as well if I can find e-mail addresses for any of them but in case I just haven't noticed it in the rules (as no one else seems to have this problem):

According the rules, a player gives in a Subject Card and presses the timer to start a round. But I can't find anything in them about players that have paid in cards ever getting another one: the winner of a round exchanges their card with one from the deck and a player can also pay in their Trade-In token to exchange a card for another but nothing about getting a card if one doesn't already have one. What is a player supposed to do when they're required to exchange their Subject Card but don't have one, and moreover what happens when no one has a card with which to begin a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules,

"The Player who played his or her Subject Card replaces it with a new card from the top of the deck."

My edition of the rules is 2008, which is one page that's folded in half. This rule is found on the bottom half of the sheet directly in the middle of the page above the section titled "Jump Start."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That line's not in the edition I have, which is dated 2005 on the back of the box and has rules which are a folded-over slightly less than A4 sheet. In its rules the paragraph before the Jump Start section reads:
Quote:
The last player to say a correct word before the Timer sounds wins that round and advances one space on the Game Board. That player replaces the Subject Card in his hand from the top of the deck. A new Letter Card is drawn and read aloud, and the next round begins.
What is the full equivalent paragraph in yours, so that I can understand the context of that sentence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules read:

The last player to say a correct word before the Timer sounds wins that round and advances one space on the Game Board. The Player who played his or her Subject Card replaces it with a new card from the top of the deck. A new Letter Card is drawn and read aloud, and then the next round begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you much; the UK edition I have is obviously misprinted in having missed out vital information in that paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.