Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a preview of the upcoming cover design for the game of Crossbones: The Swashbuckling Pirate Adventure Game

Any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe enlarge the title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd enlarge the banner. It's kind of hard to really critique much else as the size is a bit too small to get a good look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The illustration's really nice. It gives a good sense of "fun pirate adventure" but isn't too crazy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd enlarge the banner & get closer up to the group of characters. Perhaps even having the tallest one over lap the banner just a smidge to tie it all together. Too much white space now. Design is great, just proportions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
!

That looks cool!

I would say

1. Cool!
2. Maybe the pirate more centralized?
3. Bigger title
4. Less Sand, more gold! Im a pirate damnit!!
5. Pirate lady - slightly thinner waist - she looks a tiny bit out of proportion
6. Make the chip and the compass in the background a little more visible. At the moment its just "grey with stuff" - if it is an exciting game, add a splash more colour to these or the background as a whole
7. "Play like a kid, plunder like a pirate" - you may need to think about this a bit. Me personally (perhaps not others), I wouldn't want to play a game that tells me to play it like a child. That seems a little immature (Even though I love family amd kids games!) I would want to learn that for myself. If you put a couple of "YARG!"'s and "ZANY PIRATE FUN!" and all those kind of sentances - then it's oviously "kid friendly" ad I get the same message, but it doesn't tell me that in order to play this game I need to become a child. IS it a kids game?
8. Nice cover man

sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, this is some really good feedback to consider. I may take a look at increasing the banner size and enlarging the group of pirates a bit as suggested to reduce the white space. Although, I am a bit limited on what I am able to modify within the overall design created and unable to do much more without the support of Kickstarter.

~ Play like a kid...plunder like a pirate ~ - is a phrase that is meant to arouse the kid in all of us to embark on an adventure regardless of our age and any reservations one may have when it comes to playing board games in general. I coined the phrase thinking that many adults are kids at heart and may still enjoy playing board games...and especially ones that allow you to plunder like a pirate. arrrh

I do believe this game will ultimately be found to be fun for kids and adults alike...that is my hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.