Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Horn
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is petty. I'll say that right off the bat. However, the tail boom on the "helicopters" appears to be upside down. The bottom of the helicopters are flat, but the piece does not sit flat because the bottom part of the tail is so long. Hence, the helicopters lean sideways on the board. Why make the bottom flat if it's not intended to sit flat? I may have to chop off a piece of each tail to make them sit flat (because I am OCD that way). Anybody else notice this or are annoyed with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of using the Osprey.

The helicopter miniatures in the FFG version are flimsy and unattractive. They did not impress me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like they either didn't playtest it. Or they seriously need new playtesters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:
I like the idea of using the Osprey.

The helicopter miniatures in the FFG version are flimsy and unattractive. They did not impress me.

Osprey? Is that in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An Osprey is a vertical take off and landing air craft that will also work on short runways for take off and landings. it has two (maybe three) rotors and had the functionality of both a helicopter and a turbo prop plane.

The helicopter scuplts in the game do not look like an Osprey other than the multiple rotors. I'm not sure what the prototype is supposed to be. Maybe something I saw in a Terminator movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yours didn't come with plastic stands uh oh... better call product replacement

Spoiler (click to reveal)
jk it's just banking... RPG???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
An Osprey is a vertical take off and landing air craft that will also work on short runways for take off and landings. it has two (maybe three) rotors and had the functionality of both a helicopter and a turbo prop plane.

The helicopter scuplts in the game do not look like an Osprey other than the multiple rotors. I'm not sure what the prototype is supposed to be. Maybe something I saw in a Terminator movie.

Thanks David, I know what an Osprey is, and the helicopters in the game don't look like one, so I was wondering why Pete mentioned the Osprey? Maybe it was considered at one time?

In any case, thanks for verifying that is NOT what is in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
so I was wondering why Pete mentioned the Osprey?

Sorry.

I should have called the miniature a futuristic Robo-Osprey instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, no worries, just got me a little excited that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guntis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i like how it is a bit tilted. always in action. going for another attack run. it looks a bit like orca fighter from command & conquer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.