Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just looked this forum through with search engine and was surprised.
There are no topics with "tourney" or "tournament" key words.
My game group would like to organize a StarCraft tourney but the stubling block of our discussion is what is the best emulative tourney play for StarCraft game: 1v1 (with one fraction each) or 4 players game?

Could you provide me with the corresponded links?
Or explain me please why tourney played never?
I couldn't believe that SC boardgame is not applicable with sport variant of play!

Thank you in advance for help and explanations.
Serge aka longbearder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1v1 or 2v2, Free for all format isn't really as suitable for tournament in any game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that 1v1 would be the way to go for a tournament. Starcraft is an excellent two player game. A free-for-all can be more fun, but it's less of a test of individual skill, and more of test of your ability to direct attention away from yourself.

"Hey everyone, look at how much of a threat player B is! We need to attack him now!" devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:
I agree that 1v1 would be the way to go for a tournament. Starcraft is an excellent two player game. A free-for-all can be more fun, but it's less of a test of individual skill, and more of test of your ability to direct attention away from yourself.

"Hey everyone, look at how much of a threat player B is! We need to attack him now!" devil

Kingmaking is coming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about any thoughts of SC tourney played formely?
No one? I couldn't realise it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are you asking if there's already some sort of established standard formal tournament rules for the game, or a regular tournament scene? I doubt it

Are you asking how you should run your own tournament for the game? I'd say 2 player (1v1), double-blind faction selection (if theres only one copy of the game, resolve duplicate picks randomly), single elimination, is how I'd run it... may the best man/alien win. I don't think it needs any special rules beyond that, the only challenge for setting up a tournament would be finding and organizing the players

are you asking if people think the game has potential to be a good tournament game? If that's the case, then yes, I do because it's a great 2 player game with a good amount of depth. I love competition and I love this game so I'd love to play in a tournament for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tired to set something like this up at work for the boys, but even the 1v1 games take a while between set up, gameplay, take down, re-set up and so on. If you had experienced adults however, I think this would be a fantastic game to do something like that on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.