Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Saracco
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - G.B. Shaw
badge
No matter how you look at it, I'm the nicest in the world!
mbmb
I'd totally love to see HP against the Witch King. The second one is going to crush him so easily and I would finally see the end I expected for HP =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
Fight 6

Harry Potter

vs.

The Witch King of Angmar

Votes:

Ooohh this is a good one.

yiatzi wrote:
Fight 10

Caprica Six

vs.

The Dragon Card

Votes:

So is this one. Cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saraccog1 wrote:
I'd totally love to see HP against the Witch King. The second one is going to crush him so easily and I would finally see the end I expected for HP =D

I agree. Harry Potter would have died for sure in many cases if it wasn't for the help of every other magician in Hogwarts. Now against a witch king armed and trained in battle and with evil magical powers.. bye bye Potter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
violintides wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
Fight 6

Harry Potter

vs.

The Witch King of Angmar

Votes:

Ooohh this is a good one.

yiatzi wrote:
Fight 10

Caprica Six

vs.

The Dragon Card

Votes:

So is this one. Cool!

Six vs. the Dragon Card is simple.

We apply the same logic that got the Dragon Card through the first round. It beats all singletons. Unfortunately for it this round, there are many copies of Six.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

We apply the same logic that got the Dragon Card through the first round. It beats all singletons. Unfortunately for it this round, there are many copies of Six.

Are all copies of six together? They have to be together in order to prevent the dragon from being played. Otherwise, it's still a singleton six being played. (I haven't watched BSG although I know enough to not care if I'm spoiled much.)

If there are more than 4 "sixes", then I can't see how you could reasonably say that they could form a bomb either. Are they identical? If that's the case, then it's probably a "printer's error" that packaged more than one six of the same suit in the same deck.

But I think conceptually, Six should win this unless there's a rule in play that there can only be one six at a time in the Ultimate Battle and then clearly, the dragon beats a six.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Harry Potter a girl?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
Is Harry Potter a girl?

Murph's mom would totally take out the Witch King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Are all copies of six together? They have to be together in order to prevent the dragon from being played. Otherwise, it's still a singleton six being played. (I haven't watched BSG although I know enough to not care if I'm spoiled much.)

If there are more than 4 "sixes", then I can't see how you could reasonably say that they could form a bomb either. Are they identical? If that's the case, then it's probably a "printer's error" that packaged more than one six of the same suit in the same deck.

But I think conceptually, Six should win this unless there's a rule in play that there can only be one six at a time in the Ultimate Battle and then clearly, the dragon beats a six.

I don't know anything about Tichu, but in talking about copies or just one Six - there are many Sixes, but there is only one Caprica Six, which is who is listed as the fighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
So I'm not sure Gumby has a brain, so I don't see how Professor X could have any power in this fight.

The former First Sword of Braavos vs. a mother? Water dancer takes this handily.

Not sure how to comment on it, but Soze beats sex.

Rambo can bend the carbon rod in half.

Obama takes this one from the comfort of the Situation Room.

Harry Potter is practically a hobbit.

I'll get the others later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ohgrande wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

But Six is fast. And if she gets to the battle first, only 2 copies are needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumby is made out of clay. I think Patrick Stewart is going to have to chase him down in his wheelchair cause his mind control won't work on a little ball of clay.

Gumby stretches out and works like a slignshot to launch Professor X backwards into a wall, knocking him out.

Gumby then shows his true self, and morphs himself into a large pancake over X's face and smothers him to death.

If only Professor X had use of his legs, he could just step on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ohgrande wrote:
Gumby is made out of clay. I think Patrick Stewart is going to have to chase him down in his wheelchair cause his mind control won't work on a little ball of clay.

Gumby stretches out and works like a slignshot to launch Professor X backwards into a wall, knocking him out.

Gumby then shows his true self, and morphs himself into a large pancake over X's face and smothers him to death.

If only Professor X had use of his legs, he could just step on him.

Precisely. Against an opponent without a brain, Xavier is just a frail old man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
Not sure how to comment on it, but Soze beats sex.

Soze beats sex if you count the number of letters in each. 4 > 3
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
ohgrande wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

I don't know anything about Tichu, but in talking about copies or just one Six - there are many Sixes, but there is only one Caprica Six, which is who is listed as the fighter.

Tell me more of this Caprica Six. Is she different than the other sixes?

In Tichu, the rule is clear. The dragon beats a six. But, you can't play the dragon on a pair of sixes or a six played as part of a straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.