Subject: Regarding quests that provide 2VP per quest type rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Chan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
My question is that those quests that said "Whenever" you complete an "Arcana/Piety/Skullduggery/Warfare/Commerce" you score 2VP, does that mean you score 2VP from the time you completed one of those quest to the end of the game, you score 2VP for that type or do you also get 2VP for that type of quests that you have already completed prior to the completion of those "type quests"

Example, Let said I completed two arcana quests already and I have just completed Study the Illusk Arch, which said 8VP + whenever you complete an Arcana quest, you score 2VP. Should I receive just 8VP + 2VP for any future arcana quest that I completed OR get 8VP + 4VP(for the two prior arcana quest) + 2VP for any future arcana quest that I completed.

I more small question, with the completion of the Study the Illusk Arch quest card, I would believe the 2VP CAN'T be count toward itself even though it is a arcana quest. correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
from the time you completed one of those quest to the end of the game, you score 2VP for that type

This is the correct way to apply the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't specifically addressed in an official source. However, under the principle of "don't assume time travel by default," consensus is that they only count quests completed after that quest. They don't count themselves, and they certainly don't count previously completed quests.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/798292/quests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
ultmdrgn wrote:

I more small question, with the completion of the Study the Illusk Arch quest card, I would believe the 2VP CAN'T be count toward itself even though it is a arcana quest. correct?

I'd like to know this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
ultmdrgn wrote:

I'd like to know this one

Correct, it does not apply to itself.

Not only have you already completed the quest before you get the ongoing benefit, but if you look at the economy of the quests in the game, it does not make sense to gain points for it, as it is already factored in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maligno Cattiveri
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't apply to itself, it'd be as strange as if you received a couple reward fighters from a quest before completing it and you use them to complete it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maligno wrote:
It doesn't apply to itself, it'd be as strange as if you received a couple reward fighters from a quest before completing it and you use them to complete it.

That type of circular conundrum would tear the fabric of the space-time continuum, destroying the universe. Definitely not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.