Hide
6 Posts

Space Hulk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assailing into section effects, and dispelling stasis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etunimi Sukunimi
msg tools
1) Can you use assail to throw an enemy into a section containing a flame marker? The rules say:

The target model can be moved up to 3 squares in any
direction, even onto a board section containing a section
effect marker (provided the effect doesn't block movement).

Flames both do and don't block movement, as models can't move into a flamed section, but they can move freely inside if they survive a hit. Perhaps you can assail an enemy into flames, they just refuse to step in voluntarily?

2) Can you dispel a stasis spell cast into a room, if the only square you can trace line of sight into contains a closed door? You can't open the door because it's under the stasis effect, but at the same time the door blocks line of sight so you can't see the spell. So is the only option to wait for the spell to decay?

3) Can you do a move + fire action when a hybrid steps into the board from an entry area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, since flames block movement moving into the flames. You're moving the figure into the flames, and the rules prevent that.

2) Even though the door is on a square inside that room, I would rule no, that the door blocks the room (similar to how you would not be able to fire a flame shot into that room).

3) Yes, the LOS for firing is determined after the move is completed, and after the move the stealer now has LOS to that area and can fire.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Always played that you could Assail someone into a flamed section. That movement prohibition is to prevent Genestealers from moving through flamed sections. And no, it's not officially how it's supposed to work. So what? It's fun, thematic, and hardly game-breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
Always played that you could Assail someone into a flamed section. That movement prohibition is to prevent Genestealers from moving through flamed sections. And no, it's not officially how it's supposed to work. So what? It's fun, thematic, and hardly game-breaking.

This!

While I have to agree with Bryce's interpretation as perhaps the more official one, throwing your enemies into a fire is way, WAY cooler than 'Oh, I guess I'll just toss this one into that empty room over there.'

Allow it, and revel in how diabolical it is. I mean, how IMPERIAL..ical...it is. No no, Inquisitor, no demons here! Just some purging flames!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etunimi Sukunimi
msg tools
shnar wrote:
1) No, since flames block movement moving into the flames. You're moving the figure into the flames, and the rules prevent that.

That would be the literal interpretation of the rule. I think it's reasonable to assume that you can't step into a flamed section because your guys don't want to commit suicide. Flames don't physically hinder your movement. Throwing your enemy into the flames would not be a problem then.

shnar wrote:
2) Even though the door is on a square inside that room, I would rule no, that the door blocks the room (similar to how you would not be able to fire a flame shot into that room).

That makes stasis a very powerful spell then. If the only way to the objective goes through one door, putting it into stasis could be a single game winning move if your opponent has to spend 5 to 10 turns waiting and rolling for decay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
On the stasis question, I think the best answer that matches the design intent is that you can, if fact, dispell a stasis if the only LOS you have to the room is a closed door. My reasoning is that the entire board section, including the door, is affected by the stasis psychic attack, and a Librarian (for example) looking to dispell the effect (or any section effect really) only has to have LOS to a portion of the section affected by that psychic attack. The door is part of the affected section, so dispelling the effect by targeting the door should be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.