Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
If Starfire is the boss then Dungeon Effects give all Heroes access to the Dragon's Blood potion.

Quote:
Dragon's Blood: Take one wound. +1 Red die ATT, Fire

The question I have is who takes the wound if the potion is used to benefit another player?

Example. During the Claw Tribe Barbarian's turn, the Royal Paladin discards a Potion counter and declares the Barbarian is to recieve the benefits of the Dragon's Blood potion.

Who takes the wound, the Royal Paladin or the Claw Tribe Barbarian? I assume it's the Claw Tribe Barbarian.

Clearly the Claw Tribe Barbarian gains the benefits of +1 Red die ATT and Fire but is the wound part of the potion's "benefits"? Or is the wound part of the conditon of playing the Potion counter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the barbarian. Her blood is set afire by the potion she drank that the paladin tossed to her. It weakens her a bit, but fire burns from her mouth as he engages her enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Castle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I go with the barbarian too. Taking the wound is part of the potion effects. You take 1 wound, gain 1 red dice and the fire effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you gain the fire ability when you attack or do you get set on fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Goofiestbee wrote:
Do you gain the fire ability when you attack or do you get set on fire?

Comparing this to other potions would suggest that you gain the Fire ability, you do not suffer from Fire.

The rules on page 30 uses the terms "gain" to mean you gain an ability and "suffer" to mean the penalty now applies to the model (i.e. the model is set on fire).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.