Subject: Starter decks - necessary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Just wondering if the starter decks were seen as a necessity for this game. I was thinking of picking up some cards and trying it out, but not sure if I need to get starter decks, or can just grab a box of boosters. On the same note, is there a significantly better/worse choice for which set to pick up? Counterstrike seems most readily available - does it contain a good mix of cards, or should I try to get cards from the base set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The limiting factor here may be getting enough of the basic resource card (Assembly, Munitions, Tactics, Logistics, Politics) to build your decks. My rule of thumb is about 15-20 total resources per deck. I don't remember how many resources each starter/booster gives you, but you will have to buy a lot of booster packs to get enough resources of the right types to build even one good deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get two random resource cards in each booster. So a box of 36 packs should give you enough for at least two decks I would of thought. Although note you only got resource cards in base set boosters, not in any of the expansions like counterstrike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam O'Caoimh
Ireland
Model Farm Road
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you get cards? I used to love this game but I don't know where to get cards. Must bulk auctions on eBay are in America and don't ship to Ireland.

I am bidding on 100 on a UK auction, that might be enough for a game or 2 but I would like to pick up some more to allow some variety and deckbuilding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.