Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Applegate
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that in a few instances in the rules forum, David and Seth, you have mentioned that you will make an adjustment in the final rules. I was just wondering if the updated rules would be available for download before the October release of the game. I printed the PnP files yesterday, but I haven't yet printed the rulebook, since I was holding out hope that the updated one would be available soon.

Is this a possibility, or should I just print out the old one and make note of any changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The only thing you really need to know is that the Storage Closet starts with one supply cube on it. Other than that mistake, and the change in naming of some of the big board locations, the rules are fine for the PnP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the PnP does not make the three levels of the retail space very clear. That stumped us.
JAZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I definitely recommend rahdo's walkthrough, which should clarify most things about the PnP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Applegate
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had watched the walkthrough previously, and it did clear up a lot of things. I was just somewhat concerned since even he had some rules mix ups. I've read everything in the rules forum, so I've seen all of the questions and answers, but thought it would be nice to have them all in a revised rulebook. If that's not an option, then the original will still work alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeviJay wrote:
I had watched the walkthrough previously, and it did clear up a lot of things. I was just somewhat concerned since even he had some rules mix ups. I've read everything in the rules forum, so I've seen all of the questions and answers, but thought it would be nice to have them all in a revised rulebook. If that's not an option, then the original will still work alright.

I'm sure the final rulebook will be posted on playTMG.com at some point, but I do not know when that will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Applegate
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the quick reply, Seth. In that case, I will print off the available PnP rules for now, and just wait for my Kickstarter copy for the final rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeviJay wrote:
Great, thanks for the quick reply, Seth. In that case, I will print off the available PnP rules for now, and just wait for my Kickstarter copy for the final rulebook.

I think you'll be fine that way.

The only real difference is:
1. Everyone starts with a Supply cube. That was always the case, but almost got left out of the rulebook (!) - don't worry, it was caught in time!

2. We've made the Training action make more sense. As written in the "old" rulebook it will still work, and that's in fact how we'd always played, except if you read it literally you'd never actually have to spend time training your employees! Oops... So you can play as in the 'old' rulebook, but just make sure you don't get to use an employee's time markers until you have trained that Employee.

As a workaround fix, you could make a note that when you clear off your player board at the end of a round, you don NOT clear any tokens stacked next to the Training room - and if you have any tokens stacked next to Training, then you refill fewer spots on your employee track.

... you see why that needed to be cleaned up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Applegate
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a two player game a couple of nights ago, and Seth was correct. Outside of the starting cube, everything made sense. The training thing may have been an issue had I not watched the videos of the game posted here, but outside of that, everything was very intuitive, and very easy to teach. The fact that the training action makes a lot of thematic sense makes up for the ambiguity in the rules.

My wife was bummed that we'll have to wait until October to get the final version, which was very exciting for me, as economic type games usually don't impress her.

As for me, it was, as I suspected it would be, a really enjoyable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeviJay wrote:
My wife was bummed that we'll have to wait until October to get the final version, which was very exciting for me, as economic type games usually don't impress her.

As for me, it was, as I suspected it would be, a really enjoyable game.

Fantastic news. Gotta love when the wife is happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.