Subject: Lord of the quarry basic power? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Balfour

Erie
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
So it says "all other level 1 creatures" in his basic power. Does this mean if you have a level 3 lord, who doesn't have a burst, that level 1 creatures in your ready area do _not_ get +2/+2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the full text for the card:

http://quarriors.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_of_the_Quarry

As an example, lets say we have a level 3 Lord of the Quarry, an assistant and a level 2 Lord of the Quarry in the ready area.

The level 3 Lord of the Quarry grants the assistant +2/+2 (as the only level 1 creature). The Level 2 Lord of the Quary gets nothing.

The Level 2 Lord of the Quarry has the burst effect:in addition to the previous bonus, +2/+2 and immunity for all other creatures. The level 3 Lord of the quarry would get +2/+2 and immunity. The Assistant would gain an additional +4/+4 and immunity.

level 2 LotQ 4/4
Level 3 LotQ 8/4 +2/+2 +immunity from level 2 burst
level 1 assistant 1/2 +6/+6 + immunity from level 2 burst and 2 base ability

total attack/defense in example, 21/18 with 8 of that defense coming from a creature worth only 1 glory and two of the creatures having immunity.

as excited as I am about getting this expansion, I'm begining to think this was playtested by elementary students.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
as excited as I am about getting this expansion, I'm begining to think this was playtested by elementary students.

Sounds about right. shake

I believe these are meant to be non-stacking, tho...

For instance:
Description: All other level 1 Creatures in your Ready Area get +2 Attack and +2 Defense as long as a Lord of the Quarry is in your Ready Area.
* Burst: In addition to the bonus above, all other Creatures in your Ready Area get +2 Attack, +2 Defense, and Immunity as long as a Lord of the Quarry is in your Ready Area.

Note, the 'a' part of the text is NOT in the Wiki (who knows, the Wiki might not duplicate the card text perfectly), but, much like bonuses from Mighty Witching Hag ("As long as Witching Hag is in your Ready Area, all Creatures with an attack value higher than 3 that attack you have their attack reduced to 3.") I don't think this is meant to stack.

Even without stacking, your example becomes:
Level 2 LotQ 4/4
Level 3 LotQ 8/4 +2/+2 +immunity from level 2 burst
Level 1 assistant 1/2 +4/+4 + immunity from level 2 burst and 2 base ability

total attack/defense in example, 19/16 with 6 of that defense coming from a creature worth only 1 glory and two of the creatures having immunity.

Which still is pretty dang strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peapicker wrote:

For instance:
Description: All other level 1 Creatures in your Ready Area get +2 Attack and +2 Defense as long as a Lord of the Quarry is in your Ready Area.
* Burst: In addition to the bonus above, all other Creatures in your Ready Area get +2 Attack, +2 Defense, and Immunity as long as a Lord of the Quarry is in your Ready Area.

Note, the 'a' part of the text is NOT in the Wiki (who knows, the Wiki might not duplicate the card text perfectly), .......

I double checked my card and this image(http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1256891/quarriors-quarmageddo...) and neither have the 'a' that you are indicating. Are you sure that is what your card text has?

peapicker wrote:
........but, much like bonuses from Mighty Witching Hag ("As long as Witching Hag is in your Ready Area, all Creatures with an attack value higher than 3 that attack you have their attack reduced to 3.") I don't think this is meant to stack.

So I think a better creature to compare it to is the Strong Warrior of the Quay.

'All other Creatures in you Ready Area get +1 and +1 defence as long as Warrior of the Quay is in your Ready Area'

............which we understand does stack, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't have my set yet, so thanks for confirming the wording. If the intent is to match the Quay and stack, then wow, way overpowered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome to the set of 'Yes, I have to draft that to compete'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can roll enough Quid.... this one will come down to who rolls lucky early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that games that have Lord of the Quarry and the Discrimination Cantrip (summon all creatures in your active area at Lv1) are going to be very interesting. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.