Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
931 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [38] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to like salad online."- Salad themed werewolf with f2f style witch! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salad themed 12 player WW game with f2f style Witch and unkillable Carrot!

Description:
Once upon a time, an innocent salad was hanging out in the village bowl, when all of a sudden it started getting smaller and smaller . Help save the salad from the monsters! (Or help gobble the salad if you’re on team salad monster!)

Important Info
Lynch time: 12:00am BGG (midnight), All night actions except for the witch: 12:30am, Witch action: 1:00am,
Dawn and kill Results: 1:00am.

-No posting is permitted between 12:30am and Dawn (when the witch finds out the NK target)

-Full roles are revealed upon death.
-Balance was attempted, but not guaranteed
-D. Gobbler (the sorc) wins with the wolves, dead or alive, but counts for good’s parity
-The lynch does not roll down if it hits an intact tough, but DOES roll down if it hits Carrot
-Whenever there is no kill (at dusk or dawn), the mod will only announce [no kill].
-The mod will not announce whether a NK was due to a wolf or a witch, but a brutal will be announced as a brutal.

Winning conditions

-Good wins if there are no more wolves
-Good wins if there are zero players left
-Evil wins if there are an equal number of wolves to non wolves, or more wolves than non-wolves, with the following exceptions:
-If only the hunter (Tomato) and a wolf are left, good wins
-If only the witch (Rad) and a wolf are left- the winner is not determined until the next dawn.
-Because Carrot cannot die and his votes don’t count, Carrot is NOT included as a player in the final numbers, for any of these winning condition scenarios
-Parity is checked after all deaths are resolved

Salad vs Salad Monsters! Let’s go!

Team and Role Descriptions:
(Gender is used interchangeably in the role descriptions.)

Team Evil- The Salad Monsters

Cruncher and Muncher (wolves x2) .
-They share a wolf chat and eat salad (chose someone to NK) each night.
-The first wolf to die gets a mandatory brutal (see brutal rules)
-Cruncher is tough (See tough rules below)
-The wolves can inherit a one-time block power (see D. Gobbler description)
-The wolves should place conditionals for their kills and brutals, in case Carrot is the target. If so, their first conditional will be the NK target/brutal instead. They will not make a NK if they only target Carrot and leave no conditionals.
-If Carrot is the wolves’ NK target, the witch will instead be informed of the wolves' first conditional.

D. Gobbler (sorc x1).
-Knows the wolves and Carrot, Selects 1 view per night and gets the result of seer, witch or neither. Gets a random negative N0 view.
-The sorc has a 1-time use block ability, where he selects a player to block for the night (this includes blocking a hunter’s brutal if it’s set off that dawn). The sorc must also state in a conditional that if he happens to be blocking the witch- which of her orders would he would like to block. (He can’t block both. If it’s not specified, and the witch is blocked, the kill or save block will be determined at random). For eg.: “Block Linguist; Conditional- If linguist is witch, block “save power””.
-For the block to go through, the sorc must be alive the dusk it’s applied, but need not be alive the coming dawn. If the block is used on someone without a night action, or on someone who hasn’t used their specific night action that night- then it’s lost. A blocked player will not be informed they were blocked, unless they’re the seer.
- If the block is not used before the sorc dies, the wolves inherit this one-time block power.

Team Good- The Salad

The tomato (hunter x1).
-Must fling tomato seeds at someone to brutal them upon death. If a brutal is not set (or is set to carrot with no conditionals), it will go off at random. Conditionals are highly recommended. (See brutal rules)
-A brutal can be blocked if tomato is targeted at night, and no brutal occurs if it hits an intact tough.

Espionach (seer x1).
-Views for wolf/not wolf, Gets a random negative n0 view, Is informed of Carrot's identity, Is informed if he was blocked by evil.

Radicchio (witch x1).
-Each night finds out which player is the NK target (but not their role). Once per game, she has the power to save this target from the NK (by pouring oil on them) which can result in “no kill” that night. Once per game, she also has the power to NK someone (by pouring vinegar on them) which can result in an extra kill that night. Both powers need not be used the same night, but can be. Radicchio may self-save if she is the NK target assuming she has not yet used her oil power. She is also still able to use her optional kill power the same night she’s targeted, whether she self-saves or not.
-Radicchio has no power to stop brutals or lynches (not even if she oils a wolf’s nk target, then vinegars a wolf who brutals the target she oiled)
-She knows who Carrot is (and cannot use powers on him)
-If the NK target is a tough, the witch still gets informed of the target (but not that the target is tough). If the witch chooses to save this target, no kill will be reported and the tough player will NOT have used up his 1 tough yet.

The greens (villagers x5).
-You will be assigned a specific green that no one else has, but you won’t know which other greens are in the mix (role examples can include but are not limited to: broccoli, iceberg lettuce, parsley, green cabbage, cucumber, kale, artichoke, alfalfa sprouts, green peppers). You have no special powers other than being delicious.
-There is 1 unknown tough green (See tough rules below).

Team Carrot (Carrot x1)
-Carrot has an alignment of good or evil (50% chance of each), and only carrot knows which.
-Carrot can once per game find out if 1 salad green is in the game- but not who it is. Result will be given as soon as the mod is around.
-Carrot can be voted for, but cannot die. If in lynch lead- there WILL be a roll down. If Carrot’s a NK target, or brutal target, a conditional will be targeted instead.
-Carrot's votes do not count (See lynch rules).
-Only the seer, the sorc and the witch will be informed of carrot's identity.
-Carrot will not be counted as a player for any victory conditions, but will win or lose with whichever alignment he has.

See next post for Rule Details

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Salad themed Perfect 11 with f2f style witch!
Rules

Lynch Rules
-In the case of a tie for lynch lead, the lhlv rule will apply.
-Votes timestamped at 12:00 count, but not 12:01.
-Carrot's vote does not count. Moderator will adjust the vote manually, but will only report the results of the lynch, not the modified numbers.
-Carrot cannot die. If in lynch lead, the next place will be lynched (unless tough).
-A lynch can remove a player's tough. In this case, [no kill] will be announced.

Night Kill Rules
-While all night orders other than the witch’s are due at 12:30am, any kill results are only given in thread at Dawn (1am)
-A witch kill and wolf night kill happen simultaneously

Tough rules
-The tough wolf and tough villager survive 1 NK, lynch, brutal OR witch-kill
-They are not informed when their tough is used
-Roll down does NOT occur if a tough is hit.

Night Orders
-The final night orders accepted from the seer, sorc, and wolves will be the last ones given before 12:30:59am. (This includes the 1 time evil block order).
-Brutal orders can be changed at any time, but if someone with a brutal is targeted overnight, the final order accepted must be made before 1:00:59am

Witch Orders
-The witch’s night orders, if any, are due at 1:00:59am
-If the witch saves someone with a brutal, the person was never considered dead, and the brutal does not go off until he’s dead.

Brutal Rules
-Brutals are NOT simultaneous, meaning: If a wolf dies and brutals a hunter, and the hunter’s brutal was set to that wolf with no conditionals, it will go off at random.
-If a brutal is not specified, or is on Carrot with no conditionals, then it will go off at random when the hunter or first wolf dies. If it is the wolf's brutal, it will go off on a random non-wolf.
-In the rare case that the wolves NK the hunter, and the witch NKs the same person the hunter’s brutal is set to that night, then unless that person is tough, the hunter will brutal his conditional.

Game Related
-"No lynch" is permitted. Nightfalling is disabled.
-No posting allowed between 12:30am and 1:00am
-Editing posts for typos or quote errors is permitted, but you must explain the edit you made at the bottom. However, if your typo happens to be something game changing like "Why haven't you wolf hinted?" instead of "wolf hunted", if you wish to edit this, you must mention you are doing so in a different post. You may elaborate on a previous post to a limited extent, but mention you have done so in a new post- unless you do so immediately after posting (and still explain the edit at the bottom either way).
-No one besides Cruncher and Muncher may contact each other outside of this board for game-related reasons.
-While alive, you must post at least 2 game-related posts per ww day. Exceptions will be made for RL issues, but try to let everyone know in advance.
-Please direct questions/concerns to the mod in red font in thread, or in modchat in bold. Don’t be shy if anything’s unclear.
-No posting allowed after dawn/dusk until results are announced.
-Walls of text and foreign language text are permitted to a limited extent, if there’s equal opportunity among all players to figure out your message.
-Hidden text (size 0, etc.) is not permitted.
-1 post after death is permitted, if it doesn’t affect the game
-In the very unlikely event that the mod is not around to process lynch, night orders or provide the witch her info (due to internet connection issues or what not), night order deadlines will be delayed to provide players with at least 25 mins to make their decision. If you hear nothing from the mod within 1 hour, assume night orders or witch orders are pushed to the next day.
-Consequences for breaking game-related rules will be made at the mods’ discretion.

Behaviour Related
-Respect for all players and their efforts is a must. If you offend someone, even if it’s by accident- it’s expected you apologize to them.
-Demeaning, belittling or acting condescending toward other players outside of a clear joking context is frowned upon.
-Offensive language based on culture, religion, race, orientation, psychiatric conditions, etc. is strictly forbidden and can result in an immediate replacement.
-If you’re not clear on the line between joking and upsetting other players- avoid it, or ask the mod in mod chat.
-In game aggressive wolf hunting/defending is no issue- just keep it in game (metas are ok too)
-If you have insulted a player or a people- you may be given a warning. If it happens a second time, you may be put up for replacement. Efforts should however be made to play nice, and resolve issues before they can accelerate into anything major. Being insulted by a player does not give you a free pass to insult them back.
-If the mods sense out of game antagonism building up, we will take preventive measures to protect our players and our game. This could include a general comment, a request to specific players, a mandatory 1 hour time out for instigators, etc. But do your best as a group to avoid this yourselves.
-If you’re playing this game, you may not have other players in this game on “ignore”.
-You may not quote anything from mod chat, or via a pm with the mod in this thread. Paraphrasing is ok.
-You may replace swear words or really any words, with the word salad, for example “you’re a salad,” “salad you!”, “this is saladotic”, “I salad you kiss"

-Creativity is encouraged. Be strategic, try to win, but have fun, be the salad within you.
You're a great group and this has the potential to be awesome.
Hope you enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hibou wrote:
..ummm so where do I find out what my BGG Thread ID is ?

Don't worry, I won't be totally clueless at this- I'll be co-modding a different game before this one gets started. I just wanted to put it in sign up on Cassie for now. Thanks

It's in the URL for the thread, so this one is 815513.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Apple Snapple
ChickenSedan
davidme
Lore
mezzomaniac
nswoll
rgatti
saberwolf13
Sandlewood99
Taquelli
Violintides
ZenMonkey11

12 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8155...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
hibou wrote:
..ummm so where do I find out what my BGG Thread ID is ?

Don't worry, I won't be totally clueless at this- I'll be co-modding a different game before this one gets started. I just wanted to put it in sign up on Cassie for now. Thanks

It's in the URL for the thread, so this one is 815513.

Thanks so much ElAdoran!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up because I really like the lynch time.

Thought, this isn't a Perfect 11 as it includes a highly-experimental Witch. But as an experimental 11 Player game loosely-based on a P11 role set... it should be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgatti wrote:
I signed up because I really like the lynch time.

Thought, this isn't a Perfect 11 as it includes a highly-experimental Witch. But as an experimental 11 Player game loosely-based on a P11 role set... it should be fun

Awesome! Thanks for signing up.

Meh- like I really knew what perfect 11 stood for or meant. I can change that I guess. What's the actual definition of Perfect 11? It's not too experimental because I've played with this witch many times in f2f, so i'm farmiliar with how it works.

I have thought of an actual role for carrot though- and that would be slightly more experimental. That's applicable only if more than 11 players want to sign up though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
P11 = Sorc-cultist, Brutal Wolf, Normal Wolf, Seer, Martyr, Brutal (Parity) Hunter, 5 Villagers. Any change and you're no longer a "P11". Technically, anyway. /shrug.

It's your game, call it what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
P11 = Sorc-cultist, Brutal Wolf, Normal Wolf, Seer, Martyr, Brutal (Parity) Hunter, 5 Villagers. Any change and you're no longer a "P11". Technically, anyway. /shrug.

But if you call it a P11 and it's NOT a P11, don't be surprised if clock is peeved. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
rgatti wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

But if you call it a P11 and it's NOT a P11, don't be surprised if clock is peeved. whistle

And the all-seeing eye has already thumbed your post. ROFL.

Can we just start calling him Sauron and get it over with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy London
Australia
Dianella, Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Free cider juice remedied dim river duck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Salad themed 11 player werewolf with f2f style witch!
I just signed up on Cassandra. As an Aussie, I love the lynch time! (and salad time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! Night game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who wins if everyone dies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Who wins if everyone dies?

It depends.

If there are 2 players left- the wolf wins unless the second player is the hunter, and the game stops at that.

If there are 3 players left at lynch- villager, wolf and hunter, say the wolf is lynched and brutals the hunter, who then brutals the last villager. In this case good would win as for a brief second there were no wolves before everyone died.

If the opposite happened- 3 players left. The hunter gets killed, brutals the wolf, who brutals the last villager- then evil would win, as for a brief moment there was an equal number of wolves to villagers.

Is there a scenario I'm missing?

Do you think my above interpretations make for a balanced game? The reason each wolf has a brutal is to balance out that the good witch is more powerful than a martyr would be in a P11. I am open to feedback though. If it was ft2 I probably would have just made 3 wolves with no brutals and no sorc- but having a sorc for forum games is fun- given the pace is slower and there's time to hint.

(Edit: In addition, to add to the balance, the sorc gets both witch and seer views, therefore has a higher probability of catching one. I was originally going to make it so that the seer would get exact views as well. Like, if the seer views the hunter, he'll know he viewed the hunter. I took that out though for the sake of evil balance. I think but you're getting at is that the second wolf to die's brutal is useless- and that's correct. We don't know which wolf will die first though, so they both need to have a brutal, for balance I think.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Absurdly improbable scenario, but Sheep's question is legitimate.

Scenario 1:
Witch, Hunter, Villager, Wolf, Wolf.

Witch is NK'd. Kills Wolf 1.
Wolf 1 kills Hunter.
Hunter kills Wolf 2.
Wolf 2 kills Villager.

And there are other ways it can happen. /shrug.

No one is left standing. Does anyone win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Absurdly improbable scenario, but Sheep's question is legitimate.

Scenario 1:
Witch, Hunter, Villager, Wolf, Wolf.

Witch is NK'd. Kills Wolf 1.
Wolf 1 kills Hunter.
Hunter kills Wolf 2.
Wolf 2 kills Villager.

And there are other ways it can happen. /shrug.

No one is left standing. Does anyone win?

In this case evil would win, as the final 2 are a villager and a wolf. (I do not interpret brutals to be simultaneous).

Good question though as I did originally interpret both the witch and wolf NK to be simultaneous. Do I need to make a ruling on which would happen first- if both the witch and wolf are Nk-ed the same night? I'm trying to figure out if there's a scenario where that's necessary.

I prefer to leave the witch and wolf NK as simultaneous if possible. If I have to make a ruling on the order of NKs- which would you say is better in terms of balance? (Don't forget evil may have a disadvantage if each villager claims their green- but the seer and witch may have the same disadvantage so I don't know that the villagers would do that, and there are so many obscure greens to choose from- so that can be a matter of luck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so you're using the slow-motion replay method of determining victory. Fair enough, that should work, although I personally don't use it.

I think phrasing the rule as 'the first wolf to die gets a brutal' makes more sense, because as you've noted with this ruling the second wolf's brutal is worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Ah, so you're using the slow-motion replay method of determining victory. Fair enough, that should work, although I personally don't use it.

I think phrasing the rule as 'the first wolf to die gets a brutal' makes more sense, because as you've noted with this ruling the second wolf's brutal is worthless.

I don't have a super strong opinion on whether I use the slow-motion method or not, I just prefer to avoid draws. If I don't use it- who would you say would/should win in these scenarios?

I was about to agree about changing the phrasing of the second brutal. Then realized- it's not totally useless if I don't use the slow motion method. If hunter brutals the last wolf who brutals the last villager, whether the last wolf has a brutal makes or breaks who wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
hibou wrote:
In this case evil would win, as the final 2 are a villager and a wolf. (I do not interpret brutals to be simultaneous).

Ooh. ... really? You're going to want to specify that in the rules, then, because that is definitely not the norm.

hibou wrote:
Good question though as I did originally interpret both the witch and wolf NK to be simultaneous. Do I need to make a ruling on which would happen first- if both the witch and wolf are Nk-ed the same night? I'm trying to figure out if there's a scenario where that's necessary.

I prefer to leave the witch and wolf NK as simultaneous if possible. If I have to make a ruling on the order of NKs- which would you say is better in terms of balance? (Don't forget evil may have a disadvantage if each villager claims their green- but the seer and witch may have the same disadvantage so I don't know that the villagers would do that, and there are so many obscure greens to choose from- so that can be a matter of luck)

Two points to address here.
First, you will have to decide if you're going to announce if there is a "no kill" or if it's "witch stopped". Ditto for "Night Kill" versus "Witch Kill". And it does matter, because if you leave it blank, it's actually entirely possible to be wacky - the witch stops the night kill, but kills someone else. ... Does the rest of Team Good know that's what happened, or do they just see "killed X" and they assume it's the Night Kill?

Second, if you specify every player as a specific type of green, you are doing Team Evil a disservice. Look at the normal ruleset. Five villagers, 3 good specials, 1 evil special, 2 wolves. The sorc and one wolf may or may not counterclaim the good specials. But that leaves you two different 50/50 shots. The second wolf will claim villager, giving them a 1/6 chance if being evil.
If you name every generic villager, then you force the second wolf to hide in a worse place - his odds go from 1/6 to 1/2.

As with the recent x-files game, if you want every generic player to have a brand, then I would suggest that you leave that as moderator-only knowledge until they die, and then stick it in as flavor text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
hibou wrote:

Ooh. ... really? You're going to want to specify that in the rules, then, because that is definitely not the norm.

hibou wrote:

Two points to address here.
First, you will have to decide if you're going to announce if there is a "no kill" or if it's "witch stopped". Ditto for "Night Kill" versus "Witch Kill". And it does matter, because if you leave it blank, it's actually entirely possible to be wacky - the witch stops the night kill, but kills someone else. ... Does the rest of Team Good know that's what happened, or do they just see "killed X" and they assume it's the Night Kill?

Second, if you specify every player as a specific type of green, you are doing Team Evil a disservice. Look at the normal ruleset. Five villagers, 3 good specials, 1 evil special, 2 wolves. The sorc and one wolf may or may not counterclaim the good specials. But that leaves you two different 50/50 shots. The second wolf will claim villager, giving them a 1/6 chance if being evil.
If you name every generic villager, then you force the second wolf to hide in a worse place - his odds go from 1/6 to 1/2.

As with the recent x-files game, if you want every generic player to have a brand, then I would suggest that you leave that as moderator-only knowledge until they die, and then stick it in as flavor text.

I will announce who died and their role. That is all I will announce. If no one dies- I will just say "Dawn- you may now post".

I like what the greens adds to the game, because there are over 50 greens. A wolf can wait until most other greens have claimed and then say "romaine lettuce" or "mint" and take a chance that a real green wasn't lying about which green they were. I think this adds something fun to the game. The villagers know which greens only they are, but no one knows which greens are in the game- so the probability you gave is not quite that. People might decide whoever claimed first isn't a wolf- who knows. I don't think this is too detrimental to evil. It would be funny if they tried to say something safe- like something green that doesn't go in salads. Or I can throw everyone off by giving a villager a green role that no one would actually believe I gave them.

(edit: carrot is the only one with the potential to know if a green is lying- and can only check 1 green. and it's 50/50 on if carrot is on team good or evil or even playing the same game)

(edit 2: actually i will announce brutals, but will not announce anything the witch does)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
I don't have a super strong opinion on whether I use the slow-motion method or not, I just prefer to avoid draws. If I don't use it- who would you say would/should win in these scenarios?

Well, I personally let all reactions resolve before looking at the game state to determine victory. Depending on roleset, this may require me to make a ruling on who wins when everybody is eliminated.

For example, in 1500 the wolves' victory condition was to reach parity with at least one wolf still alive, so in the unlikely case that everyone died the village would have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok,

I'll wait a bit before officially specifying in the rules whether brutals are simultaneous and who wins if there are zero players left.

I want to give it some thought and perhaps hear what others think.

If ppl think 1 team currently has a larger advantage over another, I can just make it so the disadvantaged team wins if there are zero players.
Of course this will all be decided before the game begins and before roles are assigned.

(Oh and regardless of which team carrot is on- if on a team-, carrot won't know any of the evils, and will have to discover them just like the village. Everyone will know who the carrot is however- just not carrot's purpose. Carrot does not count in any final numbers, cannot vote, cannot be voted for and cannot be killed. You'd treat carrot how you treat the dead zombies in your zombie game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common thing I've seen is that Good wins if all players are dead (since Good's victory condition is for all Wolves to be dead).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgatti wrote:
The most common thing I've seen is that Good wins if all players are dead (since Good's victory condition is for all Wolves to be dead).

I could justify it the other way too though in that 0-0 is technically parity for the wolves.

I see now though there's a few other things I need to rethink, so it's great this is being brought up and discussed before the game begins.

Evil only wins if there's at least an equal number of wolves to villagers during the day.
This does not apply at night- as if just the witch and wolf are left at night, if the witch still has powers she can kill or self save.
So if the final 2 are a witch and wolf- the result of who wins will only be announced during the day- when the witches powers are useless.

If I remove the second wolf to die's brutal, I'm leaning towards letting the evil team win if there's zero players left- to keep balance. But I'm still thinking about it.
Having 4 players with extra kill options/requirements and only 11 players can turn into a battle field quickly- so removing a brutal is a good idea.

Or maybe I could let the results fully play out, and only if it so ends up that there's zero players left- the last one to technically die is the team that wins. Maybe this is best. Thoughts on this idea?

If it does not end up 0-0, then normal rules apply- which are something like: Evil wins if it's just 1 wolf and 1 other player, unless the other player is hunter. (plus the witch issue- in f2f we only announce a win or loss when ppl are awake).

Welcome Mr. Poulet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
rgatti wrote:

I could justify it the other way too though in that 0-0 is technically parity for the wolves.

I see now though there's a few other things I need to rethink, so it's great this is being brought up and discussed before the game begins.

Evil only wins if there's at least an equal number of wolves to villagers during the day.
This does not apply at night- as if just the witch and wolf are left at night, if the witch still has powers she can kill or self save.
So if the final 2 are a witch and wolf- the result of who wins will only be announced during the day- when the witches powers are useless.

If I remove the second wolf to die's brutal, I'm leaning towards letting the evil team win if there's zero players left- to keep balance. But I'm still thinking about it.
Having 4 players with extra kill options/requirements and only 11 players can turn into a feild quickly- so removing a brutal is a good idea.

Or maybe I could let the results fully play out, and only if it so ends up that there's zero players left- the last one to technically die is the team that wins. Maybe this is best. Thoughts on this idea?

If it does not end up 0-0, then normal rules apply- which are something like: Evil wins if it's just 1 wolf and 1 other player, unless the other player is hunter. (plus the witch issue).

My understanding is that parity is checked after all deaths are resolved (ie. Lynch + "instants" like brutals. NKs + "instants"). So, if after lynch only the Wolf and Witch are alive, then the Wolf has achieved a parity victory. This is also why a Hunter killed in the final 3 doesn't give Evil an immediate parity win until the brutal ("instant") is resolved.)

This is not 100% agreed on, but has been the interpretation I've seen considered when the possibility of this scenario arises (I don't think I've actually been in a game where this actually happened, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [38] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.