flag msg tools
publisher
melanzowniatv.znadplanszy.pl
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.Is my black move allowed?

2.What about that one?

3.If in the second image it would be beetle (instead of spider), could it move to the space nr 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling

Brisbane
Australia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your suggested moves are not allowed because you break the "One Hive rule" which means that whilst moving, the Spider loses contact to the hive (or the Beetle if you replace the Spider)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Radzienski
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
Me
badge
Me
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It is not.
2. May move to position 2, not three.
3. No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Baartoszz wrote:
1.Is my black move allowed?

I'm sure if it was allowed, the rules would have mentioned it as one of the possible legal moves.

rules downloaded from hivemania.com wrote:
It can only move around pieces that it is in direct contact with on each step of its move and it may not move across to a piece that it is not in direct contact with.

I.e. each step it moves from one of the 6 sides of a neighbor piece to an adjacent side of the neighbor piece. I.e. "moving around" the neighbor by one step. (If it has more than one neighbor piece on a given step, you choose which neighbor piece you're using for that step.)

I believe the same logic applies for your other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternative to question 2: On its way to field 1 the spider looses its contact to the left beetle before touching the right beetle - and that's not allowed. BUT the spider can reach field 2, if the first step is the inside field without a number - the second step would be field 1 and the third step field 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Chlebicki
Poland
Warsaw
Mazovia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for quick answers
Everything is clear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Wilson

Almonte
Ontario
msg tools
Regarding example 1: I don't think you can move the spider into the interior of the Hive as illustrated since the spider cannot squeeze through the gap. (i.e. roll through in contact with Hive) without lifting it up to pass through the gap. That's how we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moondawg wrote:
Regarding example 1: I don't think you can move the spider into the interior of the Hive as illustrated since the spider cannot squeeze through the gap. (i.e. roll through in contact with Hive) without lifting it up to pass through the gap. That's how we play.

Of course the spider can make the interior move illustrated -- the illustration is from the rulebook!

If another piece were trying to move between those two spiders, it would fail, but because the spider ITSELF is moving, it opens up the gap, and the move isn't blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get inside without turning your piece or moving other pieces aside, it is possible! the two straight sites will fit perfectly.
In example 2 it is NOT possible for other animals - but the spider could again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Wilson

Almonte
Ontario
msg tools
You're correct: I didn't look at the diagram closely enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bahnick
United States
Inverness
Illinois
flag msg tools
Another spider question (this seemed the best thread)...

The spider moves 3 spaces, but what I unsure about is what happens if a space that cannot be occupied is in the path of travel. Lets say there are 5 hexes, touching in a circle with one opening and gap in the middle.

x x
x o x
x o x=bug o = open space.
s

For example, if the spider was touching the hex closest to the bottom and wanted to move 3 spaces counter clockwise. Per movement rules, it would not be able to slide into the gap in between all the hexes, so, how would movement work? While counting, would I simply ignore that and still move 3 spaces? Can I not move that direction at all?

x x
x o x
x s = moving while counting the opening that the spider cannot slide into

x x
x o xs
x o = moving while ignoring the gap in the center and still counter 3 spaces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, that (i) the Spider can't backtrack during a single turn, (ii) it has to move along the Hive, and (iii) it can't fit into an empty field surrounded by 5 pieces. The rules for the pocket edition explain Spider's movement in detail:

http://www.gen42.com/downloads/rules/hive_pocket_rules.pdf

If it can't fit into an empty field or would be forced to backtrack, the Spider must go around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.