16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: New place for Board Games in Stratford, CT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaming ETC
msg tools
Hello All,
There is a new place to play board games in Connecticut and that place is Gaming ETC located on 555 lordship blvd. in Stratford.

We are holding open board gaming every Tuesday starting at 6PM. However not only are we holding these events for free but we are offering many exciting deals including 20% off all board games in our store.

We will also be providing free pizza to anyone who comes down to play.

So come on down for great games, people and food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are the store hours? How late?

About how many show up for boardgaming?

Are you hosting the magic and yugioh kids the same night or it's exclusively for boardgaming on Tuesdays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wells
United States
Shelton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good news. Every time I swing by to check out your board game section I have noticed it growing more and more. I hope to be able to come down one Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holly Smalley
United States
Shelton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually come by Gaming Etc. with John and hope we can stop by sometime. Maybe it will be successful enough to also be on a Saturday night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man... if I wasn't coming from Wilton and not fighting rush hour traffic, I'd definitely check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I had a chance to check this out, and it is really good! There is plenty of room, nice folks to game with, and a very good selection of board games for sale. (No kids playing Yu Gi Oh!)thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Richardson
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
The next CGC meeting will be Saturday, September 8th 2018. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1547039935320485/
mbmbmbmbmb
Great place to game. The pizza from Fat Sammy's on the 7th was the best I've had in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 months later and unfortunately the place is dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
davestephens wrote:
4 months later and unfortunately the place is dead.

Dead as in closed or no one shows up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one shows up. (except MTG players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davestephens wrote:

MtG isn't that bad but, yea it's nice to have a night for just board gaming. Shame it burnt out that quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
davestephens wrote:

That's sad. Discontinued due to lack of interest.

I had wanted to go but it was too far and for too short a period of time to make it worthwhile for me. Also hurting would be sitting in rush hour traffic on 95 due to start time to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was good while it lasted. I just didn't want folks showing up there to board game based upon my prior posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me guess... it fell apart when Ilan showed up. I'm right. Tell me I'm right. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Richardson
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
The next CGC meeting will be Saturday, September 8th 2018. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1547039935320485/
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone from the store reads this, On 11/13 the group playing MTG were using a strange high pitch voice while playing. And it was all evening. It was real annoying. I won't be back. Bob Richardson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobr56 wrote:
If anyone from the store reads this, On 11/13 the group playing MTG were using a strange high pitch voice while playing. And it was all evening. It was real annoying. I won't be back. Bob Richardson.

Yeah, it's difficult. I've been in there several times lately to pimp Android:Netrunner and all the kids playing Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh make it next to impossible to have a good time. I'm turning into my parents soblue .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.