Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really enjoying this in my solo playthrough.

Pros:
-random HQ activation works very well for solo play.
I cannot plan to far ahead and wait for the activation to put myself in that HQ's position and come up with the best plan.
-Rules are not too complex
-Company-level

Cons:
-Direct Fire rules take some time getting used to
I'm not used to having to worry about all the possibilities for opportunity fire and direct fire tactis. I think if the scope was one level higher I wouldn't have to deal with this. That's a trade-off
-Artillery has a huge impact
I think there should be some limit on how much artillery can contribute to a battle. I can have attack strength 12 Tanks against Defense strength 2 infantry and if they get artillery support of 8 it changes the odds from 6-1 to 1-1. I've had Panzers decimated by this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brad,
What about the event chits, are they any good?
Curious to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the event chits because they add variety and you can never completely predict a battle's outcome because of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
bradray wrote:
I like the event chits because they add variety and you can never completely predict a battle's outcome because of that.

That's what a CRT is for... the event chits on top of the dieroll mean that you have no indicator at all for how it's going to go. All the system makes you do is go through two motions (roll and chit) for the sake of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.