People who have access to this thread-

kimapesan
tcrudisi
cjdotcom
Poolyxpop
Melsana
dcorrin

Time Lord

This is going to be a thirty-six player game based on the most recent reality of Doctor Who. There will be one Doctor Who and a whole lot of other hidden roles, powers and victory conditions. We plan a good time, if not a balanced time, themed to the show.

DATES & TIMES

Starts: June 11, 2012
Dusk: 7:00pm
Night Orders Due: 8:00pm
Dawn: Sometime after 8:00pm

ROLES

GOOD

Doctor Who

There will be other goods in the game. Each player in the game will have at least one “power.” Many will have multiple powers.

EVIL

Daleks
Weeping Angels
Cybermen

There may be other evils in the game. Each Evil player will have at least two “powers.”

ITEMS

There are items in the game.

MISCELLANEOUS

Play to have fun. This game is probably not balanced, but it will hopefully be a good time.
Please do not use scripts.
Please do not use encrypted text.
Please do not talk about this game outside of the thread or Cassandra chats with other people in the game.
There is a chance of conversion in this game.
There are no individual VC’s, though the VC’s of the various teams may be slightly different.
We aim for the game to last less than two weeks.
Players may become aware of their character during the game based on events that may happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
“I’m not dead?” asked kimapesan.

“Are any of us?” responded Zyxistal. “Where are we?”

“Bloody hell!” Javal swore. “Look!”

And the others followed the outstretched hand of Javal. They seemed to be in an old stone building and their attention had been drawn to the wall to their right. Along the wall stood several stone statues. The statues were lined against the wall in all sorts of positions. There were men on their knees praying, women holding babies, warriors with swords and shield, wise men with long flowing beards, and angels. They started to back away from the stone statues, but quickly met the opposite wall. Actually, their path to the wall was block by even more statues. It was at this point that one of them screamed looking up towards the ceiling. The building, which must have been a church of some sort, stretched at least three stories tall in this particular room each level was marked by another round of statues, all ominously looking down toward the floor where they stood.

“What? Why?” blurted Zyxistal.

They continued to look around at their surroundings. They were indeed in a place of worship, most likely a church of some kind, but certainly for no religion any of them shred knowledge of. At one end of the long, tall room there was a huge set of wooden double doors. At the other an altar, with smaller wooden doors hidden behind. There was a symbol on the wall above the large doors that looked like an inverted “V” with a “C” on its side underneath it, the opening stretching the ends of the “C” halfway up the side of the “V”. kimapesan walked to the end of the hall with the two double doors and tried to open them. They were locked. They didn’t even budge. Javal did the same on the smaller door behind the altar to the same result.

“We’re stuck in here?” weeped Zyxistal.

“Seems that way.” responded kimapesan. More importantly, do we think those statues are well...”

“I think that they’re statues.” Javal expressed. “But why were we sent here? And more importantly, what do we do?”

“I can tell you one thing, the Doctor told us. Don’t blink. Not all of us at once, at least.” Javal’s voice trailed off as they stared at the statues surrounding them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...CRAP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone opposed to sharing what happened in the other threads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Bloody lovely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, no posting until Dawn. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ziilch has arrived in the Alternate Universe

[Dawn]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is what happened over in the past.

It was 1940 London. Terrible time and place. Mostly we wasted a lot of time speculating about the first day with the big group. Who greek really was, Tommy, riot, etc. Some people seemed to think it was all scripted. I hinted that was probably not true. I also - for the first time ever - advised against a xandryyte lynch. I started getting evil pings from people who really wanted her lynched. She was silent, and we wondered if maybe the silence was connected to greek's silence before being revealed as the doctor. Which is why I got evil feels from people pushing her.

Anyway. I eventually revealed that I had a power, and people got upset by the grossly unfair nature of that power. A power I no longer have, apparently. But no one cared to move off me to vote for the rivals for lynch, mmesich and Robb, whom I suspect are evil. I pushed for them to be lynched instead. Really only had pooly and kristie backing me, nswoll weakly, everyone else just sucked rocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the future (forget the year but there was a 4-armed guy and a lot of volcanoes) there was a bit of an argument as to whether or not we SHOULD lynch someone for a while. Then after a bit I got strung up with CJ and got sent here via vote manipulation I assume. Zilch was there perhaps he can fill in more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

It was 1940 London. Terrible time and place. Mostly we wasted a lot of time speculating about the first day with the big group. Who greek really was, Tommy, riot, etc. Some people seemed to think it was all scripted. I hinted that was probably not true. I also - for the first time ever - advised against a xandryyte lynch. I started getting evil pings from people who really wanted her lynched. She was silent, and we wondered if maybe the silence was connected to greek's silence before being revealed as the doctor. Which is why I got evil feels from people pushing her.

Anyway. I eventually revealed that I had a power, and people got upset by the grossly unfair nature of that power. A power I no longer have, apparently. But no one cared to move off me to vote for the rivals for lynch, mmesich and Robb, whom I suspect are evil. I pushed for them to be lynched instead. Really only had pooly and kristie backing me, nswoll weakly, everyone else just sucked rocks.

What was the lost power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyxistal wrote:
In the future (forget the year but there was a 4-armed guy and a lot of volcanoes) there was a bit of an argument as to whether or not we SHOULD lynch someone for a while. Then after a bit I got strung up with CJ and got sent here via vote manipulation I assume. Zilch was there perhaps he can fill in more details.

I don't know if you saw the massive amount of vote manip that occured.

We had a 3-3 tie for public votes on Zyx and CJdotcom, with CJ in LHLV lead. Final revised tally was 5 on Zyx, 4 on CJ, and a few other extra votes floating around. I think we had 16 votes from 11 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

Was Aura in your thread? She was acting weird in our thread about communicating between time periods.

We had:

Aura - acting kind of weird, possibly weirder than normal

CJ - no defense, no real content, and didn't bother to claim or move his vote, or even post when he was in theoretical lynch lead at lynch.

Zyx - I'm not sure what the votes were on him for, but the popped up. Didn't self-save with his vote, and voted for me late for something. Claimed in case of lynch (which did happen)

Ziilch - Awesome.

Gdap - Proposed no lynch early on and was kind of weird about it. Kept saying he didn't want to argue semantics about it, but that was what he was kind of doing. Largest counterpoint to Vox.

Vox - Said something about there being a hint that evils were present. Argued with Gdap a lot.
Chicken - Sided firmly with Vox on the "evils are here, let's lynch them" plan.

Fedora - used a lot of ellipses. I was reading him good, but he had some harebrained theories.

Halden - Very quiet, kind of odd in his posting. No real read.

Blue - Seemed like standard blue. I didn't get any pings, anyways.

Sai - acted about the same as he did in the main thread. Kind of jokey. I found it odd that he wasn't around during lynch (neither was gdap).

I'm missing someone and I can't remember who it is. I also put this list together in order of how much players stood out from most to least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I saw Greek and Zen drop into our timeline just as I was knocked in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote no lynch]

You three were lynched, right? I don't really see any reason to lynch one of us, unless we want to see what happens. I'm not even sure we'll see the result, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming I was NKed. I'm curious as to why all 3 lynches ended up here, but I'm the only NK that appeared here. I highly doubt there is only 1 NK to contend with 3 lynches. Assume the Cybermen converted instead of NKed, and we're still missing one person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Weeping Angels send you back in time, it's possible they're in the
'present' and sent those two back in time to the past. That means we have cybermen either in the past or future. I know I wasn't converted I was sent here by some 'strange wrist device the doctor left' but I didn't see Zilch's flavor text. I'm just throwing out random guesses here honestly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyxistal wrote:
Ok Weeping Angels send you back in time, it's possible they're in the
'present' and sent those two back in time to the past. That means we have cybermen either in the past or future. I know I wasn't converted I was sent here by some 'strange wrist device the doctor left' but I didn't see Zilch's flavor text. I'm just throwing out random guesses here honestly.

That's what happened to me as well in the past.

Vote manipulation apparently did occur in mine, but it didn't make a difference.

I warned people of gross vote manipulation powers, and I'm pretty sure mmesich had the same one I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziilch wrote:
[vote no lynch]

You three were lynched, right? I don't really see any reason to lynch one of us, unless we want to see what happens. I'm not even sure we'll see the result, though.

Maybe this is the only way we'll get to see a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8161...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8161...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in no rush to get lynched again, for sure.

So - my 'present' day had greek in it (I had thought he would be in all at once, but maybe that would be too chaotic to play!)

We also had Violin, who pretty much hardclaimed K-9 instead of being suggestive, and greek more or less confirmed the claim, without being explicit.

Players were:

agnespoodle
BlackSheep
greek2me
Javal
jfro
LudesFactor
Melsana
NickAnner
tcrudisi
vantageGT
Violintides
ZenMonkey11

The lynch started out being ZenMonkey for 'odd behaviour' - not sure I saw what that actually was.
I made a case against tcrudisi on the basis that, having been lynch lead on D1 until the doctor-doctor fiasco, he had ended up in a world with not a single one of his voters; it was circumstantial, but seemed a really odd coincidence UNLESS it was deliberately planned to save him. There was some argument, and then the consensus seemed to be that I was making a spurious argument.

zen then claimed River Song. This caused very little reaction for a while (there were comments that RS in one episode tried to kill the doctor) but general opinion was that although a claim in a 1/3 roleset was not as reliable as with all players present, it was still likely to be true, and since RS is not a cyber, dalek or angel, benefit of doubt meant not lynching.

I then emerged as the tiebreak lynch lead and was subsequently pushed to established lynch lead by greek and Violin.

And then I came here. Hooray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! Forgot to activate Cassy vote tallies! There you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I question whether we should lynch, to be honest.

We effectively picked 1 person from each of three (?random?) subsets of the game, together with a NK. The odds of catching an evil D1 is low as it is. Pick three times, and then pick from THEM... chance of getting an evil seems REALLY low.

[vote no lynch] unless something turns up.

Possible reasons for Ziilch getting here:
1) Angels
I thought it was believed that angels sent people back in time. But that would have pushed him from future to present. So either the hypothesis of how that works is wrong or it wasn't angels.
2) Daleks
Can't see why you would end up here instead of dead, frankly.
3) Cybermen
If they have someone impersonating you in another thread, I'll take my hat off to the mods for ingenuity. That aside, I simply can't see why a target by them would not kill you or recruit you instead of displacing you to the alternate universe.
4) Mod joke
This is actually hell and we are all dead. We are going to spend a week analysing the shit out of everything, try lynching each other and eventually ourselves but find we CAN'T DIE AAAAAAAAHHHHH.
5) Other power
At my lynch, the doctor/greek said he didn't approve of killing. I had a device put round my wrist, a button was pressed and I 'came' here.
Did the other lynchees have the same procedure? If so, by whose action?
It is possible that another aux evil or good role has the ability to displace players to this universe for whatever purpose, and the angel/cyber/dalek effects are not responsible (instead they probably move people around in time/recruit/kill them, or whatever).

Note that I know pretty much nothing about the show character, I'm simply gathering what info I can from player conversations and wikipedia. The one thing I find manifestly disturbing is that Violin kept addressing greek as 'Master', and occasionally talked about 'Mistress' and I thought that the Master was a bad guy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
At one end of the long, tall room there was a huge set of wooden double doors. At the other an altar, with smaller wooden doors hidden behind. There was a symbol on the wall above the large doors that looked like an inverted “V” with a “C” on its side underneath it, the opening stretching the ends of the “C” halfway up the side of the “V”. kimapesan walked to the end of the hall with the two double doors and tried to open them. They were locked. They didn’t even budge. Javal did the same on the smaller door behind the altar to the same result.

Can any of you - who have show knowledge - shed light on the V in C logo? I thought statues harked back to the angels episode when I read the blue text (reminds me of the clip I saw) but I don't have the depth to read much more from it.

Given we did have information in the colour text on D1, we should not ignore this as flavour, I feel. This may be some sort of puzzle we can solve to get back to the main game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, apparently I blocked this thread by accident. I was just going to come by and say how boring you all were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
Belash wrote:
At one end of the long, tall room there was a huge set of wooden double doors. At the other an altar, with smaller wooden doors hidden behind. There was a symbol on the wall above the large doors that looked like an inverted “V” with a “C” on its side underneath it, the opening stretching the ends of the “C” halfway up the side of the “V”. kimapesan walked to the end of the hall with the two double doors and tried to open them. They were locked. They didn’t even budge. Javal did the same on the smaller door behind the altar to the same result.

Can any of you - who have show knowledge - shed light on the V in C logo? I thought statues harked back to the angels episode when I read the blue text (reminds me of the clip I saw) but I don't have the depth to read much more from it.

Given we did have information in the colour text on D1, we should not ignore this as flavour, I feel. This may be some sort of puzzle we can solve to get back to the main game?

I don't know very much about the show at all. I've watched maybe 3 episodes, and they've all just been background TV while I was doing something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.