GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,823 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As this campaign has been running, CMoN and Studio McVey have added quite a bit to the game through stretch goals. There are currently two pledge levels to get single copies of the game, however, as by far the most popular is the $100 Biohazard level (or $125/ £80 if, like me, you’re an international backer) I've based my calculations on that one.

[By way of a disclaimer: The values I’ve attached to some of the items are based purely on my own speculation, they may be wildly out (though having bought plenty of minis over the years I think I may be reasonably on the mark). The £ values are based purely on exchanging the dollar rate as it stands at the moment and doesn’t take any regional pricing differences into account]

The game itself! - $90 / £58

Poster Art print - $10 / £7

Limited edition Kara - $15 / £10

Vanguard Patch - $3 / £2

Extra 12 x Vanguard minis
(include stat cards and scenic bases) - $20 / £13

Extra 12 x Strain phase 1&2 minis
(include stat cards and scenic bases) - $20 / £13

Custom Dice - $10 / £6.50

Extra 2x Scythe witch and
2x Brimstone (50mm base) - $20 / £13
(include stat cards and scenic bases)

Painting techniques DVD - $5 / £3

Extra 1x AI Drone (50mm base)
(include stat card and scenic base) - $15 / £10

Extra 1x Grendlr - $15 / £10

Extra 1 x Cthonian - $15 / £10

6x AI Drones - $10 / £6.50

6x Skullcrabs - $10 / £6.50

Total value - $258 / £168.50

So for a cost of $100/ £80 you are more than doubling your money!

Still to come is the Keegan Korr mini (and I'd be very surprsied if the next stretch goal after that one isn't a Strained version of Keegan- so potentially a further $15 to add to the total value)

As Carter J. Burke would put it :

‘ This facility has a substantial dollar value attached to it’

So, if you are willing to take the plunge and have got the cash it really seems daft NOT to pledge now as buying at retail later will see you having to pay more than double to have the same as what is currently available.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How this game represents great value for money
Here is a full breakdown of whats in the box per pledge level right now:

Every normal set ($80) now includes:

• [51] highly detailed 28mm miniatures (inc. Barker below)
• [51] Scenic miniature bases
• 6 white dice
• 5 double sided full colour expandable game boards
• 60 page rules and scenario book
• Vanguard and Strain stat cards (63mm x 88mm)
• 100+ full colour game counters
• [Green] plastic [nano] counters
• Alternate Vanguard Trooper sculpt
• Alternate Strain Phase 1 Sculpts
• Barker Zosa — an elite heavy weapons Vanguard character!
• Downloadable campaign(s): "Quarantine Campaign" & "Lights Out Campaign"

[Note: Quarantine Campaign utilizes all 80 miniatures from the Kickstarter Biohazard pledge level, while the Lights Out Campaign has been designed for solo gameplay]

In addition to the above, every Biohazard set ($100) now ships with 80 miniatures:

• The 51 listed in the Quarantine box
• 1 resin limited edition Kara
• 12 additional Vanguard troopers
• 12 additional Strain [Phase 1 & Phase 2]
• 2 additional Phase 3 Brimstone
• 2 additional Phase 3 Scythe Witch
• 6 custom dice (3 per faction, Vanguard/Strain)
• 1 DVD Painting tutorial by Mike & Ali McVey!
• 1 additional Hurley AI drone
• [300k stretch goal] 1 additional Grendlr!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Why, if you are interested in the game, backing it on kickstarter makes most sense
If they added the "Terrain pack" as a Pledge Goal reward I'd back it, as this would make up for the unnecessary shipping costs to the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Why, if you are interested in the game, backing it on kickstarter makes most sense
moocifer wrote:
If they added the "Terrain pack" as a Pledge Goal reward I'd back it, as this would make up for the unnecessary shipping costs to the UK.

If you add it, it ships free. As it ships later than the base game, you'd wait for all of it if it were a pledge goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The terrain pack ships free anywhere in the world, and will be mailed out in early 2013, as stipulated on the Kickstarter page. It's also $10 than the eventual MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can wait .. but like many other's I'm not paying UK shipping charges for something created by M. McVey who's based only an hour up the road from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
I can wait .. but like many other's I'm not paying UK shipping charges for something created by M. McVey who's based only an hour up the road from me.

In which case maybe there will be a UK gaming Con where Mike will attend with boxes in tow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they ironed out the kinks for the UK brethren?
Or did I misunderstand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I thought they ironed out the kinks for the UK brethren?
Or did I misunderstand?

They did, although some people are refusing to back on the grounds that $25 shipping to the UK is unfair when Studio Mcvey is a UK designer. The kinks that were ironed out allow UK/EU backers to avoid customs fees which would have added a lot onto the purchase of the game (in addition to the shipping). Now that customs fees won't be an issue, some people still feel slighted that the game ships from the USA and don't want to pay even the $25 — again, pointing out that Mike McVey lives in Sheffield (even though they ignore the publisher being American, and the product being distributed from Atlanta Georgia).

I respect their right to avoid backing based on principle, but GBP sterling is still worth a bit more than the US Dollar, so it hardly seems like that big a deal, but that's my 2 cents/pence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:

Should I refuse to pay shipping on Samurai Battles ? cause it's created by Richard Borg.. only a few states over from me, yet produced in a foreign country ...

As a Brit living in the USA - I can't understand your reasoning.. the producer is based out of Atlanta, and you're not paying customs fees etc.

But hey, your call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sterling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still an great deal!surprise
If you are waiting for some reason, why not go ahead and pledge?
The game is worth so much more than the $100 dollars at Biohazard level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Kammeraat
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to back this project, considering I've been a long-time Warmachine player (Mercs, woohoo).

However- I don't have a credit card and I don't plan on getting one.

I just wish there was a way to do this through paypal or bank transfer...

I don't know people here that use credit cards so that's not an option either.

I'd back it the minute I have an alternative to paying.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a debit card? Kickstarter payments go through Amazon... Maybe you could buy yourself some Amazon giftcards (certain stores sell them), apply them to your Amazon account, and then your payment would be matched against them.****

Another option is to find a friend in person, maybe at your local gaming store, and chip in for him to up to the 2xBiohazard level.

****I don't know if that's been done, so I'd check with Amazon's customer service first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Open up a thread here, or at Dakkadakka.. and ask if there any local players (to you) who would be willing to come in at the multiple set level and share postage, if you were to paypal them the money.

It's actually a slight saving for you both - as you pay $190 for the 2 Biohazrds and shipping is $40 for both.

Saving you $15 or so in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow17 wrote:
I'd back it the minute I have an alternative to paying.

Any suggestions?

A prepaid creditcard would be an option. You buy these cards with cash, they have a fixed amount on them, you use them up and throw them away afterwards.

You could try to find someone near you who is also ordering Sedition Wars, after all you would both safe by ordering together.

And finally, with the last CMON project on Kickstarter Zombicide, you could apparently get it with the same benefits after the campaign ended by sending an email to sales@coolminiornot.com and paying via paypal, so they might do this Sedition Wars too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Kammeraat
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
Do you have a debit card? Kickstarter payments go through Amazon... Maybe you could buy yourself some Amazon giftcards (certain stores sell them), apply them to your Amazon account, and then your payment would be matched against them.****

Another option is to find a friend in person, maybe at your local gaming store, and chip in for him to up to the 2xBiohazard level.

****I don't know if that's been done, so I'd check with Amazon's customer service first.

Well, as far as I can tell, the only option is credit cards. You can't use gift cards, etc. There wasn't an option when filling in the details, though. Just asked for credit card details.

-->To Mike W:

I might do that. Seems like a solution, definitely. I hope I get a response in time, though.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

If there's another way, happy to hear about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sander, I forwarded this thread (specifically your post) to the Kickstarter comment section, and Tom Hoefle (one of the other backers; lives in Munich) said he would try to get in touch with you. Check to see if you get any geekmail.

I hope things work out for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Kammeraat
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a whole bunch to all of you. Feeling the love ;P.

Anyways- have a great weekend all!

I'm sure it'll work out.

And to others, just an FYI, Warmachine/Hordes is ace. This is from some of the same designers, so that's a great argument for backing it, I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow17 wrote:
Well, as far as I can tell, the only option is credit cards. You can't use gift cards, etc. There wasn't an option when filling in the details, though. Just asked for credit card details.

I guarantee you that you can use a debit card... I have backed multiple kickstarter projects and I don't have a credit card at all. Also, if you can use a debit card you can use one of those visa gift cards. Basically, any card that says VISA on it can be run through a credit card transaction and it will be figured out on the back end whether it's a gift card, checking account, credit account or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he meant using an Amazon gift card (where you apply "points" to your amazon account). I can confirm that Amazon gift cards/points don't work as you need a card number on file from which Kickstarter draws the funds. Buying a visa gift card and putting that on file could work I suppose, but Amazon gift points is a no-go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.