GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules are posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaMothe
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Link:

[url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second...
[/url]
Couple of quick things:

No default way to spend fatigue on attacks. You can spend a surge to regain a fatigue.
Players simply select heroes. No duplicate classes, but you can have a duplicate archetype. Not sure I like this - I'm afraid each player will eventually settle on a favorite and I'll not see about 40 of the heroes ever played. Especially concerning if the promo heroes are still more powerful.
Large monster movement is odd - they shrink to one square for movement then regrow at the end. They just have to contain the start and end square. It can give them some extra movement-the picture in the example makes this more clear.
Overlord gets an extra card whenever a hero is dropped.

I'll try the hero selection as written at first. But if I decide I want more variety, may modify the RtL selection system. I'm thinking something like "sort the heroes by archetype, have each player draw three from the archetype of their choice at random and choose one." That way they get to play the type of character they want but we get to see some mixups in the lineup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Batalla

Barcelona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If im not mistaken you are on third position, so bronze medal for you

We are all already reading it since yesterday.

However thanks! the intention is what it counts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaMothe
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, for some reason all the other threads don't show up unless I refresh the forum display.

I thought it was odd that it was the next morning and no one had said anything. Now I've found them.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.