GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,715 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: Which scenario for 2 heroes play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michał
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Our group has just shrunk to 2 people for tomorrow's session but I really don't know which scenario would be good for 2 heroes only.
We have already played all vanilla quests and first one from WoD and we don't want to repeat any of those.

We play with Wod and ToI and I have quest compendium as well. All internet download are an option too.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
5.13 D
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoyed the ToI scenario with the three Ice Wyrms (can't recall the name and don't have the rules handy). It seemed to play well with only two heros and had both of us on our toes the whole time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are you two or three players? (remember the OL is also a player) If you're two, like you say, why not have the hero player control more than two? Of if you're three players, they hero players can control two heroes each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are two people, 1 OL and the other will control 2 heroes. The thing is we didn't like players controlling more than 2 characters. It just didn't work well in our case.
I'll check out the TOI suggestion - thanks!
Any other ideas? I scanned WOD difficulty rating post and thought quests 8 and 9 may be an option - those were the easiest ones in the pack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only recommend this, it's tested for two heroes... basically it is a generic scenario, works excellently and I really enjoyed over twenty sessions of it. I know it's probably not exactly the answer you asked for but since we found this, we almost never play the old quests...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/653976/living-dungeon-well-b...

It's worth a try at least...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you - I'll take a look at this for later

For all of you who wondered which one we chose - it was scenario 8 from WoD, the one a'la Indiana Jones
OL won... devil Mostly due to both heroes desperately wanting to wait for the boulders to run before them. This takes time. Too much time devildevildevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.