GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,638 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Battlefield Tour rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of putting together an unofficial battlefield walk/tour again this year. Tentatively, it will be on the Civil War, likely the role of Philadelphia or else the Gettysburg Campaign--battles leading up to the three days at Gettysburg. I'm looking at getting a professional guide to shepherd us and help direct the conversation. We would travel together in a van and share expenses. Let me know if you are interested by sending me a private message on BoardgameGeek or dropping me a line at kaarin.engelmann@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay...We'll have seven hours with a historian (and an hour break for lunch). We are visiting sites and battles leading up to the battle at Gettysburg. I'll post a more detailed itinerary shortly along with the name of the guide. We'll probably end with dinner at a pub Contact me if you are interested in coming along. Costs will depend on the number of people who attend--probably around $75.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More details on the unofficial battlefield tour (not related to BPA) on 7/28:

Our guide is Rich Kohr. He was also our guide when we visited the Gettysburg battlefield a couple of years ago and did an excellent job. He will be providing a description of exactly where we will be going, we'll cover something related to at least some of the Shenandoah Valley, Harrisburg, Camp Hill, York, Columbia, Mechanicsburg areas, likely with an emphasis on Stuart’s ride.

Rich's bio: Rich is a native of Lebanon, PA and a graduate of Lebanon Valley College with a BA in History. He has been a Licensed Battlefield Guide at Gettysburg National Military Park since 1995, and is a former President of the Association of Licensed Battlefield Guides. Rich teaches Civil War history at Harrisburg College and has given lectures at countless Civil War Round Tables. He is in high demand as a lecturer in the Civil War Circles.

Here are some related videos by him: http://www.gettysburgdaily.com/?p=6627

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.