GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Empires of the Void» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to score the Galactic Council? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rule says add up the influence from all allied planets and mark the position on the Galactic Council board...player with the highest influence gains the higher victory point allowance...next highest player gains the lower victory point amount listed.

The Galactic Council board has 12-positions where 1, 5, and 10 are listed on the board; presumably these are just there as "helpers" so you have some idea where you fall on the tract without counting from 1-12 each time. This also implies if I have 7 influence and that is the highest amount then I gain 7 VP. If you have 6 influence then you gain 6VP, etc.....

Why oh why wasnt this rule written as ,"...score the amount of victory points equal to the number of influence points." Then all that is necessary is to say in the case of ties, "...both players score the same number of VPs..."

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the VPs listed on the Score card, not by the number of VPs you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
SnakeBelly wrote:
Am I missing something?

Yes! As stated above, the number of VPs you receive for having the most influence points isn't the actual number of influence points, it's the number of VPs that's printed on the scoring event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The max you can get from being in first place for influence 2/3/4, on the scoring rounds A,B,C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.