GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,950 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Board Games In Australia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Pizza
msg tools
Guys I live in Brisbane Australia and i cannot find a place to get cheap board games. For example i purchased castle ravenloft. In America it is $50 i had to purchase for $100 because of shipping. Same with Rune Wars. I wish to buy summoner wars valued at $30-$40 but yet with shipping would cost $100. Its a card game. Does any Australians here preferablly Brisbane people know where to purchase board games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
www.milsims.com.au
http://www.milsims.com.au/search/node/summoner%20wars

You'll probably get it all delivered for under $40.00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Pizza
msg tools
It says $56 dollars though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats the Summoner Wars: Master Set it puts everything together. It comes with 6 armies and a cardboard board.

Originally summoner wars was just Summoner Wars

Summoner Wars Dwarves VS Goblins etc and you could buy individual new decks.

I wouldn't buy the master set if you have never played it before. Although it is better value for money if you enjoy it.

So the basic set is:
http://www.milsims.com.au/node/114665
or
http://www.milsims.com.au/node/114666
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
http://unhalfbricking.com/

http://allaboutgames.com.au/

There really isn't anywhere cheap in Australia. It's often cheaper to buy a big lot from the U.S. or Germany. By the way, you should check out the Brisbane forum here for the threads on Critical Mass and LXG game groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Milsims and fishpond.com.au have great prices....

you may need to search carefully on fishpond and their prices flutuate all the time... but you can find some bargains cheaper than milsims if you're lucky. For example I paid $20 incl postage for Forbidden Island but milsims has it for $22.40 excluding postage..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pollard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BlueMountain wrote:
Milsims and fishpond.com.au have great prices....

you may need to search carefully on fishpond and their prices flutuate all the time... but you can find some bargains cheaper than milsims if you're lucky. For example I paid $20 incl postage for Forbidden Island but milsims has it for $22.40 excluding postage..

FishPond can take forever to ship. If you can find a store that does price matching you can try getting them to match FishPond's prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
For current games, you can also try Classic Comics in Melbourne - they sell through e-bay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked on Book Depository? Sometimes they have Rune Age plus other Fanatasy Flight Games, not at the moment though. And the have free international shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
Have you looked on Book Depository? Sometimes they have Rune Age plus other Fanatasy Flight Games, not at the moment though. And the have free international shipping.

It just looks free - depending on where you are in the world, it calculates the price differently. In other words, shipping is worked into the price you see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
It just looks free - depending on where you are in the world, it calculates the price differently.

Which is why you need to use a UK-based web proxy to buy from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
batcut wrote:
It just looks free - depending on where you are in the world, it calculates the price differently.

Very sneaky....ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Damjon wrote:
Friendless wrote:
batcut wrote:

Very sneaky....ninja

Well yes, but for books at least it is still far cheaper than buying locally. Case in point - Terry Pratchett's latest, Snuff. If I buy it from the shop not too far from where I type, it costs $24.99. The exact same product (paperback, printed in the UK, shipped to Australia) is $9.33 from Book Depository. Don't care if they work the postage in, I'm just sick of being gouged by Australian importers, wholesalers, and retailers.

Now, while it seems that some of their FFG games are close to the expected Australian retail price (but with free postage), they are generally a bit cheaper and lots (BSG, for example) are greatly cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hows
Australia
flag msg tools
Even buying in bulk and shipping them over yourself isn't particularly cheap. Some friends and I got together and bought $450 worth of games from the US. The cheapest shipping we could get was USPS, and that ended up around $300. It was at the peak of the AUD, so we ended up winning out slightly, but it wasn't worth the bother.

I just stick with milsims now (or games paradise when they have their weekend frenzy sales, and they've got something good on)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=ffg_bg...

Maelstrom games is another option for Fantasy Flight Games. It also has free shipping internationally if you spend a certain amount. I've bought from them twice, quite slow to get card sleeves in but I don't mind cause the price is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing I should add on Summoner Wars.

Summoner Wars: Master Set comes with unique armies/cards, so you can start with one of the smaller two army sets and then, if you fall in love with the game, buy it and not have any doubles. This way you also limit your exposure in case you don't like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.