GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,451 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Belgium

Subject: Gaming companions for english-speaking sessions in Gent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all
I sporadically play board games, but I'm looking for some gaming companions in to do it a wee bit more often. Being my Dutch embarrassingly bad, I'd like to have sessions in English (my Dutch reading skills have proven enough for, say, playing settlers+city and knights,though). I have a few games, in English, converted to English or language independent.
Let me know if anybody is interested.
Cheers

ps: I'm very often in Brussels on weekends, I might consider doing something there too, in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I might join if I have the time What games do you enjoy playing?
Edit: I live in Ghent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Check out some of the gaming clubs in Ghent I frequent: Spellement (1st saturday), Speltafel (2nd friday) and De Mammoeten (3rd saturday). I was raised in English and most of my gaming buddies are fluent too, so we'd be glad to have you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maarten: lately played a lot of Race for the galaxy with two players, thurn und taxis and the above mentioned settlers with bigger groups. I got some heavier games recently and I'm eager to try those too. I'm relatively new board games, so I'm in to try whatever.

Surya: I'm afraid I'm usually caught in other stuff on weekends evenings, but I much appreciate your offer and I'll definitely keep it in mind, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the Outpost Gaming Centre, you should surely find players there. When I was there last time there was a table playing in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Giant_Kumquat wrote:
Maarten: lately played a lot of Race for the galaxy with two players, thurn und taxis and the above mentioned settlers with bigger groups. I got some heavier games recently and I'm eager to try those too. I'm relatively new board games, so I'm in to try whatever.

I recently bought RftG, but haven't been able to play it yet, due to exams. I'll send you a GeekMail when I return from holidays (I'll be in Croatia from 23rd of June until 8th of July).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Mannens
Belgium
Sint-Niklaas
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to make the trip: my club in Sint-Niklaas has game nights every friday and saturday (http://www.hqgames.be), in Lokeren Winning Movez has a game night every monday (http://www.jeugdlokeren.be/winningmovez/) Both clubs have plenty of board gamers, most of them will speak at least some English and are sure to welcome you anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.