Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry had to leave early, so the newly arrived Jon Comeaux joined us for a six player game of Vinci. This is proving to be extremely popular with our group and seems destined to be a mainstay.

The game has been described in sufficient detail before, so I won't go into that again. I will say that the scores in our game were incredibly close ... all except for Willerd. Willerd seemed to stumble out of the starting gates and kept on stumbling throughout most of the game. I think the main problem was that he seemed to settle for some poor civilization combinations instead of spending the victory points to skip over to better combinations.

I had sprung out to a sizable lead and maintained this lead through round five. However, in retrospect, I allowed one civilization to remain active one more round than I probably should have, and this cost me severely when both my previous civilization and the current one were decimated by my opponents. Thus, I wasn't able to score many points from my empire in decline. This allowed Jon and Darren to shoot past me and I ultimately fell into a fifth place finish.

The game ended in a tie between Darren and Jon, both with 102 points.
The finals:

Darren 102, Jon 102, Bill 97, Ashton 95, Greg 94, Willerd 78
Ratings: Ashton 8, Greg 7, Bill 7, Darren 7, Jon 7, Willerd 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.