GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Mateusz Pohl
Poland
Świdnica
flag msg tools
Hi!

Some time ago I've made a design kit for Adobe Photoshop which helps with game cards design. It's prepared for printing, but can be used also on digital media.

Here are my concepts done with this design kit (they're also included in the file itself as examples):

You can check the details and buy it here.

I hope it'll be useful for someone

Edit: Added explicit purchase information, thanks for pointing this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest that you mention this is for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solclaim wrote:

What dg said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Pohl
Poland
Świdnica
flag msg tools
scalper wrote:
solclaim wrote:

What dg said.

Updated - thanks and sorry that I've missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that advertisements for off-site purchases were discouraged.

From the terms of service:
Quote:

D. You shall not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Geekdo. Prohibited commercial uses include without limitation any of the following actions taken without Geekdo's express written approval: (i) sale of access to the Website or its related services, such as any website extensions; (ii) use of the Website or its related services, such as any website extensions, for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue; (iii) the sale of advertising, on the Geekdo website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or Geekdo content; and (iv) any use of the Website that Geekdo finds, in its sole discretion, to use Geekdo's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Geekdo, Geekdo content, or its User Submissions. Prohibited commercial uses do not include the sale of products such as board games, role-playing games, and video games, through the Marketplace or GeekList functionality, so long as you pay a three percent commission to Geekdo on the gross amount of each such sale generated via the Website. Geekdo reserves the right to terminate any such sales if they are deemed to be "spam" or fraudulent in Geekdo's sole discretion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meaker VI
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I was under the impression that advertisements for off-site purchases were discouraged.

From the terms of service:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Quote:

D. You shall not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Geekdo. Prohibited commercial uses include without limitation any of the following actions taken without Geekdo's express written approval: (i) sale of access to the Website or its related services, such as any website extensions; (ii) use of the Website or its related services, such as any website extensions, for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue; (iii) the sale of advertising, on the Geekdo website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or Geekdo content; and (iv) any use of the Website that Geekdo finds, in its sole discretion, to use Geekdo's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Geekdo, Geekdo content, or its User Submissions. Prohibited commercial uses do not include the sale of products such as board games, role-playing games, and video games, through the Marketplace or GeekList functionality, so long as you pay a three percent commission to Geekdo on the gross amount of each such sale generated via the Website. Geekdo reserves the right to terminate any such sales if they are deemed to be "spam" or fraudulent in Geekdo's sole discretion.

That seems to pertain more to selling access to BGG or to BGG-related services. You can't sell things that are freely available here, for example, but you can offer services/product. The only questionable bit is using BGG for advertising, but then, just look around at all the kickstarter campaigns (laser-cutter products thread in DIY being one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to this link and it said something about PhotoShop, do I have to have Photoshop to use this software? Or does this just include things from Photshop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to post a screencast of you designing a couple cards with this? I'm intrigued, but I'm having a hard time picturing how it would actually work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
I went to this link and it said something about PhotoShop, do I have to have Photoshop to use this software? Or does this just include things from Photshop?

Yes, you have to have Photoshop to use this product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Calka
United States
Holland
OTTAWA-MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Would it be possible to post a screencast of you designing a couple cards with this? I'm intrigued, but I'm having a hard time picturing how it would actually work.

A screen cast demo / tutorial would be useful, especially if one were looking to use this to make a game to sell, as that license costs $300.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.