GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,267 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newb Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hacking my way through my first game solitaire, and I have a real basic question about questing.

Suppose I decide not to commit any characters to the quest in a given round. Do I still have to calculate quest success/failure (and thus add to threat level) if NO characters even attempted to quest? Or do you make that calculation ONLY if you have committed characters to questing that round?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You always have to calculate quest success, and take a threat hit if necessary. It would be far too easy otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Richard. I guess I will start over now! And I was already having a hard time. Ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I made a mistake in the first scenario once I chose the spiders and Ungoliant's Spawn, that since it said I win after I kill Ungoliant it somehow meant I didn't need to quest any more. Wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.