GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

War of the Ring Collector's Edition» Forums » News

Subject: Custom Mumak Pieces (Available to order). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not available at the moment.

Yes, They are BIG . But don't panic, since each Mumak can carry up to 4 Regular units, this model can represent up to 5 units in the game, and since they stand on their own legs instead of a base, you can still have a clean view of the board.

Am I crazy? laugh

These little beasts require more time and resources than expected, but finally (after getting some Harad's Snake decals for banners) I'm offering them for sale. Prices are as follow (3% BGG commission) :

Painted:
1 Mumak = €8,50 euro
3 Mumak = €21 euro

Unpainted (primed in black):
1 Mumak = €4,5 euro
3 Mumak = €11 euro

Shipping deppends on total weight. Signed-for shipping is:
(Note: You can save €2 euro in shipping, chosing ordinary mail instead of signed-for, but not recommended, in that case the packet cannot be tracked).

Up to 100 gr. (1 Mumak)
€4,50 euro to Europe
€5,40 euro to USA and rest of the world

100-500 gr. (Up to 5 Mumaks)
€8,50 euro to Europe
€12 euro to USA and rest of the world.

You can place your order geekmailing me or writting down in this thread.

Thanks for reading

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Lauzon

Montreal
Quebec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Mumak Pieces (work in progress).
Fabulous piece!!! If you're crazy, that makes two of us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antonio azpitarte
Spain
Tias - Lanzarote
Las Palmas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wonderful! As it is a work in progress, you may try to shorten the lenght of the Mumak, it will look more natural (although I've only seen the mumaks in the movie) and will occupy less space.
Great sculpture anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...Probably you are right, Antonio. I have to try a little shorter and see thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late stage model: Reduced space between front and back legs. Added details to eyes, head and "baggage box".

The surface of the base is almost the same normally occupied in the game by 4 Regular + 1 Elite units.

Now the "funny part", I have to get a mold for this original...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First resin model out of the mold and painted. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris kline

Santa Barbara
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are making a mold and plan on selling, I am in for one or two depending on cost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kris, I can guarantee that, even if you don't play them, they will make a cool decoration on the shelves laugh

I already got a multi-part mold of the Mumak (12 parts) and plan on selling. I don't want them to be expensive, every painted Mumak unit should cost the same as a single Nazgul unit, this is €6'50(euro)+ Shipping depending on weight.

But first I want to make some decals with the black snake Haradrim symbol for the front and back banners of the Mumak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While this is undoubtedly a beautiful piece, I feel it is just too large in scale for even the CE board. If I get one it will be for aesthetic value only and probably not something I'd use in actual game play.

As a suggestion, I don't know that it's necessary to make it large enough to hold the Regular units. If you made it identical to this (including the archers in the box) but on a much smaller scale, perhaps as much as 1.5 to 2 times the size of the Mumak pieces that come with the CE game, it would be perfect IMO.

Just some thoughts. And not to be too critical since your artistic representations are really fantastic!

EDIT: I typed this email before I saw the latest photo you posted (with the Nazgul in them) and from this view the Mumak looks much smaller than your earlier photo showing it straddling territories on the CE map.

Can you tell us the actual dimensions, length, height and width?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input, Bruce. I understand your point, but not sure if it would be worthwile to substitute the actual game Mumak pieces for other just slightly bigger pieces. Either you want your Mumakil to be functional or you want them to be a little bit less functional but really imposing laugh

Still, I plan on playing them. The good part is that you can move 5 units in one. In the smaller territories I will state that the front legs determine the province occupied by the units.

Dimensions are:
7'5cm high (including baggage box, 5cm not counting it).
7'5cm long (5cm if you consider only the legs).
3'5cm wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EllGavhi wrote:
Thanks for your input, Bruce. I understand your point, but not sure if it would be worthwile to substitute the actual game Mumak pieces for other just slightly bigger pieces. Either you want your Mumakil to be functional or you want them to be a little bit less functional but really imposing laugh

Still, I plan on playing them. The good part is that you can move 5 units in one. In the smaller territories I will state that the front legs determine the province occupied by the units.

Dimensions are:
7'5cm high (including baggage box, 5cm not counting it).
7'5cm long (5cm if you consider only the legs).
3'5cm wide.

Agreed, but you could consider making them small enough so that they will only hold two regulars in the basket rather than four? I think 5-5.5cm height might work well or roughly as tall as the wing tips on your Nazgul.

Again, just one person's opinion. It's your world! And I'll be buying at least one regardless.

Could you possibly set up a position on the CE map, say an Shadow attack against Minas Tirith with one Mumak elite (with archers in basket), some Sauron forces and one or two Nazgul? If you have Fubar's models that would also be great! I think a photo or two of how that looks in scale would be very helpful to prospective buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:

Could you possibly set up a position on the CE map, say an Shadow attack against Minas Tirith with one Mumak elite (with archers in basket), some Sauron forces and one or two Nazgul? If you have Fubar's models that would also be great!

Well, I don't have Foob's models (currently in line for Sickdaves'), but this would be how that siege on Minas Tirith would look. A full army with 8 Regulars + 2 Elites + 2 Nazgul

Comparison with actual game pieces:

Not sure about making the Mumakil small enough to hold only 2 Regulars. They would look smaller than real life elephants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gabriel!

They DO look good, and not quite as oversized as I thought. The fact that the regulars are 'in the basket' does make the area involvement about the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Hall
United States
Hurricane
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I'd be interested to see what you could do with Ent pieces. The Shadow shouldn't get all the nice toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Thanks for your suggestion, Kris. I think that the Ent mini in the game is cool enough, pretty good size too. But hey, it might be funny even if I don't make a cast run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First post edited stating availability.
Glad to answer any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, those are really beautifully done! I probably won't be buying any (the original CE is pimped out enough for me! i didn't even opt for the Mount Doom models), but I had to at least compliment you on some great work. Very impressive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your kindness, Sir. thumbsupsauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EllGavhi wrote:

Not sure about making the Mumakil small enough to hold only 2 Regulars. They would look smaller than real life elephants

But they could be used on smaller boards from other editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, Arek, but not sure the smaller pieces would be such an upgrade over the actual game pieces. I, for one, would prefer everybody could have the option to buy a larger map (not necessarily the CE map).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EllGavhi wrote:
You are right, Arek, but not sure the smaller pieces would be such an upgrade over the actual game pieces. I, for one, would prefer everybody could have the option to buy a larger map (not necessarily the CE map).

I've posted some photos of the Mumak's in play on the CE board.

While these are fantastic pieces that draw many oohs and ahhs, I must admit that I only use them when I host games at my home. They're just not practical for games where I bring the game to others' homes.

They DO look fantastic, though, and I recommend them to those looking to add some impressive bling their CE!

With up to four regulars riding in the basket they technically don't utilize much additional space. But the problem I've had is they do not fit well in the regions they occupy (you count the front legs as their location), and if you try to get more than one in any army (they're elites remember) it becomes prohibitively cumbersome, so the old units typically end up getting used anyway.

Ideally, for game play, I think they could be reduced by a third or even half the size (which would still be considerably larger than the originals by my estimation) and carry two regulars in the basket instead of four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your kind comments and pics, Bruce, always glad to see a child enjoying the game .

I must admit I was thinking more about visual impact than playability when doing the Fell Beasts and Mumaks, all I wanted was the FP player to think: "The whole thing is quite hopeless, so it's no good worrying about tomorrow. It probably won't come.", and the Shadow player to say: "Do you not know death when you see it, old man? This is my hour!" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FRANCESCO ANGELINI
Italy
PESARO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can I get on the list for three painted Mumak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Castellanos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
INILEGNA wrote:
can I get on the list for three painted Mumak?

Dude check out how old this thread is. I don't think there is any list anymore.

Though with the release of the anniversary edition I'd hope the creator would think about making a new run. If he does I'd love to be on the list for some mumaks (and the fell beasts as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested I would be willing to sell my set. The game hardly hits the table and I could need some cash. My set has:

8 painted Nazguls (one missing 1 wing)
1 painted Witch King
3 painted Mumakils

If interested, send me a geek mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.