GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,033 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Aliens» Forums » Rules

Subject: Incapacitated, Wounded, Grabbed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Günter Peter
Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

yesterday we had some discussions about the rules concerning Aliens Attack (Phase 3).

Dice-results 1-2:Incapacitated and grabbed
and
3-4: Wounded and grabbed

Te rules state here: While incapacitated/wounded and grabbed, a Marine is also subject to the results listed below under "Grabbed".

First questions:
Is the Alien placed upright on the Marine's Character Card after dice-results 1-4? If not, do I only have to keep in mind, that the Marine is inc./wnd.and grabbed? (If grabbed, the Alien is placed on the Card.)

Following Second Question:
Under Grabbed, the rules say "During the next Alien Movement Phase if the Alien is still on the Marines Character Card, the Marine is removed from the game.

So, when is it possible, that a Marine is also subject to "grabbed results"? (Because the Marine is out of the game before any Alien attack.)

I hope you can follow my thoughts - and sorry, my English is not so well (maybe the reason of misunderstanding somewhat...)

Thanks
Günter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Geepee wrote:
First questions:
Is the Alien placed upright on the Marine's Character Card after dice-results 1-4? If not, do I only have to keep in mind, that the Marine is inc./wnd.and grabbed? (If grabbed, the Alien is placed on the Card.)

The Alien is stood up on the marines card if the attack is rolled 1-6. The standing up of the Alien is to indicate he is grabbed and will be taken next turn. 1-2 you also have to give the marine the rules of Incapacitated, and 3-4 turn over his card to Wounded or switch to Incapped if already wounded.

Geepee wrote:
Following Second Question:
Under Grabbed, the rules say "During the next Alien Movement Phase if the Alien is still on the Marines Character Card, the Marine is removed from the game.

So, when is it possible, that a Marine is also subject to "grabbed results"? (Because the Marine is out of the game before any Alien attack.)

The sentence you have highlighted is just saying that the rules for rolling 1-2 or 3-4 also have all the rules of the effect of rolling 5-6, grabbed.

I hope this helps:

0 - Marine dead, remove marine and Alien
1-2 Put marine on his side and stand Alien up on the marine's card, marine can't take any action for the rest of the scenario but can be carried
3-4 Swap marine card over to wounded and also put Alien standing up on this card.
5-6 Stand Alien up on the marine's card
7-8 Leave Alien on it's side, marine can only attempt to melee
9 Alien is fought off.

Then next turn during Alien movement if there are any Aliens standing up on Marine's cards they are removed, Marine and Alien.
This means if you roll 1-6 in an Alien attack the Marines have one chance to get the Alien off of the marine or kill it during the Marine's actions which will come before the Alien movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Peter
Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, this sounds much better to me - as simple as that .
Thank you very much.

Günter (ready again for LV-426...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.