GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients» Forums » News

Subject: Spoiler - the Exiles (board picture) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the french site Tric Trac:

It's small, but it's still legible...

So, a race starting with orbitals tech, that double as (weak) starbases?
A technology that enables splitting damage from a single shot over several ships?

Interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the top tech has something to do with the rumored "clocking device".....maybe needing two ships to pin (?thematic?: "slippery as a fish" ). Hard to read with the small picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they appear to get an addition point for each obital they control. Also their obitals take the place of starbases for defensive structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that orbital cost 5 or 6?

The orbital has a 1-power, 2-ion ship part... basic ship tech?

Wonder how it fits between Ion Cannon and Ion Missiles.

The exchange rate doesn't look like 3:1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This race has actually been "spoiled" for quite some time now if you've been keeping up with the playtest overview shots in the game's / Sampo's gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie riegle
United States
norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Zero initiative--but a couple of slots for improved hull or plasma missiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They also seem to get one VP at the end of the game for each orbital they control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schneider
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmb
That technology looks to me more like it allows you to pin two opponents ships whit your one ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sur5al wrote:
That technology looks to me more like it allows you to pin two opponents ships whit your one ship.

That, or needing two enemy ships to pin one of yours. I guess the resolution's too low to be sure. Lonster mentions something about "cloaking devices"... that would make sense, and sounds fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
So does this mean if they take over a sector with an opponents orbital, that it suddenly gains weapons?

and if an their orbital is alone with enemy ships is it taken over, or does it always need to be blown up like a ship (and does it pin ships)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
You can "suddenly" give weapons to ships far away in someone's sector, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
So does this mean if they take over a sector with an opponents orbital, that it suddenly gains weapons?

and if an their orbital is alone with enemy ships is it taken over, or does it always need to be blown up like a ship (and does it pin ships)

Mmm interesting, I would assume that you can't take over the Exile's orbitals. You'll need to blow them up before taking over the hex, if they follow the same combat rules as starbases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
Mmm interesting, I would assume that you can't take over the Exile's orbitals. You'll need to blow them up before taking over the hex, if they follow the same combat rules as starbases.

Agree. But what happens when they take over a hex with an orbital in it? Do they automatically convert it to their own armed hybrid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonster wrote:
I think the top tech has something to do with the rumored "clocking device".....maybe needing two ships to pin (?thematic?: "slippery as a fish" ). Hard to read with the small picture.

I wonder what happens if two people who have the tech engage one another

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I bet they use the starbase token for special armed orbitals. But it is possible that any obitals they capture are upgraded, just like all your ships are upgraded with an upgrade action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this board is purple does that mean we will get purple peices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
juanma99 wrote:

Agree. But what happens when they take over a hex with an orbital in it? Do they automatically convert it to their own armed hybrid?

Most likely they do! They could act as an automatic upgrade for the Exiles. This race changes the dynamics of orbital construction in the game. You'll think twice about building your own orbitals when playing against them

Potentially if all races have clever abilities like this it will add a lot of replayability to Eclipse, because they'll affect different strategies depending who are you playing against. And since these changes are modular, not implementing them if you dont like them will be as easy as not playing any particular race. All these only make me more excited about this expansion. The only dubious feature is the up to 9 player game...

Wonder what would be the alleged plasma missile "fix"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sur5al wrote:

I think you're right, since the starbase/orbital makes the in my opinion a perfect "turtle" race. Having the ability to pin two for one goes well with their defensive capabilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
The only dubious feature is the up to 9 player game...

It works a lot better than it sounds

juanma99 wrote:
Wonder what would be the alleged plasma missile "fix"...

I wouldn't refer to them as fixes, but rather just new facets that make missiles less straight forward. The preserve the strength of the missiles (i.e. not nerfed per se), but allow some new and effective counter strategies, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
Read it again, carefully...
badge
Hey! I bought OverText! I'm cooler than you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:

Yup. I'd guess a more fuchsia/magenta-ish purple contrary to the dark-bluish-purple of the damage marker/turn counters.

Any guesses on the final other two colors would be pure speculation... Orange, brown, pink, teal, gray, gold, silver... clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Desco wrote:
Dalek5 wrote:

Yup. I'd guess a more fuchsia/magenta-ish purple contrary to the dark-bluish-purple of the damage marker/turn counters.

Any guesses on the final other two colors would be pure speculation... Orange, brown, pink, teal, gray, gold, silver... clear?

Yet again, if you've been paying attention, this too has already been spoiled for quite awhile. Again, look through Sampo's gallery.

Goodness, you'd think if this game and expansion were such sought-after hotness people'd be paying more attention!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Desco wrote:
Dalek5 wrote:

Yet again, if you've been paying attention, this too has already been spoiled for quite awhile. Again, look through Sampo's gallery.

Goodness, you'd think if this game and expansion were such sought-after hotness people'd be paying more attention!

Those colors are actually hand painted and do not represent the final colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Those colors are actually hand painted and do not represent the final colors.

Aha!

[I'm still willing to bet the colors will be purple, orange, and grey. Nothing else makes sense.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
[I'm still willing to bet the colors will be purple, orange, and grey. Nothing else makes sense.]

You may have to redefine sense, then

The colours will be magenta, grey and natural.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.