Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
In honor of the Iowa caucuses, I drug out this golden oldie from Avalon Hill. I won't go into the mechanisms (a matter of playing cards worth $ and hosage cards to mess up other players) but concentrate on the game itself. (Candidate has never been a perfect game... I think there's too many Scandal cards in the deck... but it seemed to really bog a couple of times... maybe a little long for what it is.)

Anyway, an early win in New York established Charles as the front runner... a status confirmed by his last primary win in Florida. Jamie managed to pick up Texas, while Mike used lots of groundwork to capture California. I picked up one little state after another to stay in the race.

Charles Glaser 132 (favorite son of North Dakota, thanks to Clint), Mike Welch 100, Mark Jackson 92, Jamie ? 72, Clint Wilder 36, Raven Peterson 19 (America didn't seem to be ready for a women president!)

As we reached the convention, 87 undecided votes were up for grabs. Jamie picked those up to vault him into contention. Raven's 19 votes and Clint's 36 both went to Mike, which forced me out. My 92 went to Charles... putting Mike out as the low man and making the finall showdown between Charles & Jamie. After a scandal and a tie, Charles won the nomination by $10,000. (Say "Thank you, soft money!") :-)

Again, this is a "ride"... I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what message I might be trying to spin that would talk the people of Alaska, Georgia & New Jersey to support my bid. (Final result: "A 3-eyed fish on every plate, with hushpuppies!") Not a game I'll play a lot of... but I won't get rid of it. (Final observation: I think it's cleaner with 4 players...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.