GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,309 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Ghost Stories: The Infernal Die» Forums » General

Subject: Interesting Stats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was 550 Infernal Dice available on the Geek Store

And according to the Geek only 602 people own Black Secret and 132 are marked as owning the Die (not sure how many of them have purchased from the Store and since updated their collections)

say (arbitrary value time) 32 have updated their collection since buying it from the store, that means that 650 people on the Geek will own the Die and only 602 have the game to use it with
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
There was 550 Infernal Dice available on the Geek Store

And according to the Geek only 602 people own Black Secret and 132 are marked as owning the Die (not sure how many of them have purchased from the Store and since updated their collections)

say (arbitrary value time) 32 have updated their collection since buying it from the store, that means that 650 people on the Geek will own the Die and only 602 have the game to use it with

You're thinking too hard. I bet many who bought the die don't have Black Secrets yet, but intend to. Most people are pretty lax about updating their collections anyway.

Thumb for the 32 you pulled out of your hat. That made me laugh.
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
There was 550 Infernal Dice available on the Geek Store

And according to the Geek only 602 people own Black Secret and 132 are marked as owning the Die (not sure how many of them have purchased from the Store and since updated their collections)

say (arbitrary value time) 32 have updated their collection since buying it from the store, that means that 650 people on the Geek will own the Die and only 602 have the game to use it with


And then there are the resellers that bought one to charge 5 times what they paid for it....don't forget them!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually don't bother adding my expansions into my games owned list, as I primarily use that list as a means to decide what game I'm in the mood for. Listing all the expansions would needlessly clog up the list, especically for things like Runebound where I have over thirty differently listed items for one game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people don't track their collections on BGG.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sphere wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
There was 550 Infernal Dice available on the Geek Store

And according to the Geek only 602 people own Black Secret and 132 are marked as owning the Die (not sure how many of them have purchased from the Store and since updated their collections)

say (arbitrary value time) 32 have updated their collection since buying it from the store, that means that 650 people on the Geek will own the Die and only 602 have the game to use it with :D

You're thinking too hard. I bet many who bought the die don't have Black Secrets yet, but intend to. Most people are pretty lax about updating their collections anyway.

Thumb for the 32 you pulled out of your hat. That made me laugh.


I, at least, am one of those. I know I'm going to get the game eventually, but don't have it yet. At the same time, I am an obsessive completionist, so figured I'd grab the die now in anticipation.

I also am not very good about keeping my collection on the geek up to date with my real one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I never marked anything owned until I have actual possession of it first.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
A lot of people don't track their collections on BGG.


TROLL here

a reason to post your collections on the Geek

Boardgame Collector Microbadges (check the TOP Owned total on your profile, that's the total)

New RPG Collector Badges (Copper, Silver, Gold)

Video Game Collector Microbadges!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stargate wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
A lot of people don't track their collections on BGG.


TROLL here

a reason to post your collections on the Geek

Boardgame Collector Microbadges (check the TOP Owned total on your profile, that's the total)

New RPG Collector Badges (Copper, Silver, Gold)

Video Game Collector Microbadges!


Hmm. Once we finish this move, maybe I should actually go through and catalog my RPG items ... I tend to tag the game itself as being owned and ignore the individual books. Partly because I'm an obsessive collector.

Eric
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the die but am not sure I really "need" it. I also ordered black secret after long with the order of the rest of the ghost stories games but I have the same feeling of black secret. I think there may be better "dungeon master" style games than ghost stories and while white moon offer more to the original ghost stories I don't have the same feeling for black secret. Especially if not playing 5 people.

So yeah, I will have both and haven't updated my collection because I do that when I get things rather than when I have ordered them but I've paid for both.

But I don't know whatever I should really have or play either. There's probably much more "game" to spend money on rather than black secret. How many times will I get to play that vs say last night on earth or fury of dracula which just cost a little more. Or chaos in the old world, caylus, puerto rico, maybe better with super dungeon explore than black secret + ghost stories promos and so on.

/rant^WIdidn'treallyknowwhatthismeanssoIshouldn'tuseitsinceitdoesn'tseemtosuitthepost.



(But if I wanted it later it would probably cost more so that's why I ordered. But it doesn't make sense anyway if it's not worth it _to you yourself_.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
I usually don't bother adding my expansions into my games owned list, as I primarily use that list as a means to decide what game I'm in the mood for. Listing all the expansions would needlessly clog up the list, especically for things like Runebound where I have over thirty differently listed items for one game.
You can go into the column settings and choose whatever it should list expansions or not so that's easy to solve.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
Hmm. Once we finish this move, maybe I should actually go through and catalog my RPG items ... I tend to tag the game itself as being owned and ignore the individual books. Partly because I'm an obsessive collector.

Eric
"I'll visit a torrent tracker just for the badge!" ;D
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
I never marked anything owned until I have actual possession of it first.


The Infernal Die arrived today and has been officially added to my BGG collection! Joy!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
Hmm. Once we finish this move, maybe I should actually go through and catalog my RPG items ... I tend to tag the game itself as being owned and ignore the individual books. Partly because I'm an obsessive collector.

It's funny how it works when you start cataloguing expansion items in your collection on BGG - each one of them is counted as a game owned on your user page. Mine says I have 878 games, but 'Ghost Stories' alone accounts for 13 of those. The die is one, five others are single cards, and two of them are just scenario pages I downloaded.

You really have to subtract the number of expansions owned to get a realistic total of how many games you own (my total drops to under 700).


Pone4games wrote:
The Infernal Die arrived today and has been officially added to my BGG collection! Joy!

Mine arrived today as well. I'm really happy I got one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Pone4games wrote:
The Infernal Die arrived today and has been officially added to my BGG collection! Joy!

Mine arrived today as well. I'm really happy I got one.


That means mine will likely be at the office on Monday.

Woo!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.