GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,504 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

James Hoffman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
EDIT: I talked to the manager and found out that there's going to be another group upstairs as well, so I have to change the RSVPs to 50 people.

Also, to answer some other questions this event will be 21+ as well. I asked him what the ending time could be and he said it was kind of up to us. I believe the bar usually closes around 2:00 AM so I'll say that for now, but if the place is empty except for us it might be polite of us to let the staff close up early. I see no reason why this would end earlier than midnight though.

Sorry about the late notices, but hopefully this will give everyone plenty of time to change their plans if they have too. Thanks for your patience while I figure out these new venues!

Since I'm on here I might as well say that I think the next bar I might try is Peculier Pub. I know there's already a Reddit Meetup there every Tuesday. Do you guys have comments about that venue?

Cheers!

I've got a board game night this Monday (June 25th) at Amity Hall. It's a big space and I'm looking to fill it up. Details below the link.

http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Redditors/events/69098612/

Let's do this.

WHAT TYPE OF GAMES DO YOU PLAY?

Most people who come enjoy a wide spectrum of games, but we usually focus on a particular type called Euro Games. Geek Coffee is a social event so we encourage games that are less than two hours. Games like Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Bohnanza, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, For Sale, etc. etc...

I’VE NEVER PLAYED THESE GAMES BEFORE! WILL I ENJOY THEM?

If you enjoy traditional board games (Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk) you’ll probably enjoy these games as well. You might even enjoy them more. Not every game is the same, but they usually have simple rules, multiple players, relatively short playing times, and no player elimination, so they’re pretty accessible to newcomers.

WHAT IF I WANT TO PLAY HEAVIER GAMES?

I encourage light to medium weight games with short playing times to make Geek Coffee an event for everyone. If there’s a heavier game you want to play use the comment space below to get people interested and shoot them a link to the rules (boardgamegeek.com usually has them) before hand.

IS THIS A FREE EVENT?

There's no admission charge, but if you come please be prepared to buy something from the bar. Oh, and tip. That's really a good rule for life.

DO I NEED TO BRING GAMES?

No, there's usually more than enough, but of course it's encouraged! If you do bring games keep the following thing in mind though.

1. Try and have the rules down pat before you bring it. You'll probably be the one explaining them!

2. Try and bring games that are under two hours ideally. If the game is over two hours long try and get people interested beforehand.

3. Try to bring light to medium weight games. No Twilight Imperium or Die Macher. Extreme examples but you get my drift!

Cheers, hope to see ya there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.