GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Wykersham» Forums » Rules

Subject: How far can the slides slide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject title says it all :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
The one in the center doesn't move at all. When sliding a rail, it's done one space left or right. However, there is no limit as to how far a rail may travel in a direction during the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the other slides may slide beyond the end cup of the center row so no 5-in-a-row can be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Igo
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules do not give a limit, but I know on the all wood version, there is a rib that stops the movable slides at two off of center in either direction. I don't know if that is meant to be built in as a limit or placed for stability reasons. We play it as a limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
The one in the center doesn't move at all. When sliding a rail, it's done one space left or right. However, there is no limit as to how far a rail may travel in a direction during the course of the game.

The central 7x5 area is the FIELD OF PLAY. The rules state: "This area must contain 35 cups throughout the game."

So the limit is 2 spaces to the left or right of center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boehm
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
Harvey Wasserman is correct. There have to be all the dice roll options on the board. Some versions of this game have it built into the board that the sliders cannot be pushed to far, others do not.

Living in Northwest Washington, near where the game was made, I think we see this game more frequently than others might. Our version that we own is a very attractive game and it is enjoyable to play. My wife go through spurts of playing this quite a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.