GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Potential new PBF? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Gamer
msg tools
Hey all.
Got Mage Knight recently, and I'm eager to play, but I have few people who can spend the time needed. Is there any chance we can get another PBF game going for those who couldn't make the current running game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be interested but have no clue how to run such a game via forum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting my copy soon too. I'd be interested in giving this a go PBF
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brettner wrote:
I may be interested but have no clue how to run such a game via forum.


Me too on both counts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Troll
Poland
flag msg tools
I would happily join such a game too. Of course, I do not know how to run it too. (and unfortunately I don't really have enough time to be a GM anyway...)

Still, if some GM would show up... whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United Kingdom
Hazlemere, High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be keen to play if there is space, althought it appears the problems is a moderator not players and I am no help on that score.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I am also game to join a PBF game of MK.

Looks like there might be enough interest to get two games going. Now we just need mods.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If there will be room, I'll gladly join a PBF game.

Geek mail me, if a new game will start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I will happily help someone mod a game, but I will not be able to mod another one for at least 6months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be glad to join a game if someone will start one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat, could you make a quick post outlining what's needed in terms of files and software to run a game?

There are a bunch of people in this thread who are interested in playing, so how about this offer: I'll run a 4-player game of Full Conquest, provided one of the players runs another game and lets me play
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Physics wrote:
so how about this offer: I'll run a 4-player game of Full Conquest, provided one of the players runs another game and lets me play


Err, I was thinking ab proposing the same thing. The only thing that stops me - I'm out of a Game Copy, but it should be solved latest early next week.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Captain_Physics wrote:
how about this offer: I'll run a 4-player game of Full Conquest, provided one of the players runs another game and lets me play


I'd be happy to. I've got a copy of the game and have played it tons of times, so I know the rules pretty well. I'd just need a little instruction into how to actually host a PBF game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
You will need:
Photoshop/Gimp/(maybe powerpoint)
The tracking document from karuikage as it is updated from the one I posted on BGG
The images from the files section (hosted on GDocs)
The other documents from the files section (hosted on BGG)

The lists get sorted by selecting the random number column and the card list, then sorting ascending or descending by the random number column.

That is about it without saying that frequent updates are needed for card draws, PM is used for hand tracking, wounds can be a pain to track if you aren't on top of it, and I jacked the source up more than once.

If you see the files and have more specific questions let me know and I will answer them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tracking everything in Google Docs which lets me manage the game from wherever I'm at. I think the key thing is to come up with a system to keep track of all the little details so you don't get lost. For example, in my card tracking sheets, I have cards in hand in yellow, cards in the discard are red and cards in the deeds deck are black (so it's a surprise when they are drawn). Skills that are 1/round are bold so I can differentiate them from the 1/turn skills and then I strikethrough when they are spent. Same thing with Units. A red unit is wounded; a green one is poisoned. The other thing that helped me get ready to mod the game was to start up a solo session using the files. That way I was able to play around with the files and get comfortable with making/maintaining the map.

I use random.org to generate a random sequence and use that to shuffle and I'm using freewebs or something like that to host the current map.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ok, I'll get the files together and run through a solo game or two to get up to speed.

Might be a few days before I'm ready to go.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to run something, I'm currently improving my skills at working with the necessary programs. I can't afford photoshop, and gimp is free, so "bring out the gimp!"



Thank very much to CMoor213 and ohgrande for their advice. Ohgrande, the template you use for the current pbf is great, may I please have a copy of that file?
(Edit: the one you use to keep track of fame, reputation, units, etc.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
So I'm taking players for a PBF game of MK.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/825702/whos-in-for-a-4-playe...

I'm hoping that if one of the other potential mods wants to play in my hosted game, they'll take me as a player in their hosted game .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
c_guenther wrote:
So I'm taking players for a PBF game of MK.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/825702/whos-in-for-a-4-playe...

I'm hoping that if one of the other potential mods wants to play in my hosted game, they'll take me as a player in their hosted game .


I think you should have contacted the people who were already signed up in this thread, instead of first-cine-first-served... But what ever...

Have it your way
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
I think you should have contacted the people who were already signed up in this thread, instead of first-cine-first-served...


I don't see any signup list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Ikim wrote:
I think you should have contacted the people who were already signed up in this thread, instead of first-cine-first-served...


I don't see any signup list.


If you read previous posts in this thread, there are people saying they'd be happy to join a PBF, as soon as it started.
I'm just saying it would have been common courtesy to ask them first, and letting others fill up any open spot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
If you read previous posts in this thread, there are people saying they'd be happy to join a PBF, as soon as it started.
I'm just saying it would have been common courtesy to ask them first, and letting others fill up any open spot.


Why? There are many more people who wanted to play but saw no reason to post that fact here. Why not treat them all the same?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Ikim wrote:
If you read previous posts in this thread, there are people saying they'd be happy to join a PBF, as soon as it started.
I'm just saying it would have been common courtesy to ask them first, and letting others fill up any open spot.


Why? There are many more people who wanted to play but saw no reason to post that fact here. Why not treat them all the same?


Because people took the time to post it here.

In a BSG PBF: there are many people who would like to play, but are far behind the list:

Why not treat them all the same?

Youre just being unfair to the people who explicitly asked to be part in the next PBF.
If one wanted, he could have spent 5 minutes of his time, and post it here.
If this thread weren't opened, fine, but since it's here... Why not give precedence to those who asked for it...



Treat all the same... You say... Funny!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
Youre just being unfair to the people who explicitly asked to be part in the next PBF.


There are dozens of people who are exactly as interested in playing. They just didn't see any reason to post that fact here. Giving precedence to people just because they chose to post "I want to play" in one random thread makes about as much sense as giving precedence to people because they live closer to Topeka or because they have green eyes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Ikim wrote:
Youre just being unfair to the people who explicitly asked to be part in the next PBF.


There are dozens of people who are exactly as interested in playing. They just didn't see any reason to post that fact here. Giving precedence to people just because they chose to post "I want to play" in one random thread makes about as much sense as giving precedence to people because they live closer to Topeka or because they have green eyes.


What ever, Dave, this is how YOU see it, and not the way I see it... You call it "random", I don't. It seems like you feel the need to contraddict me on every single post I make... Even when not asked for.

Have it your way...

In the Rex: Final Days of an Empire PBF forum, there was a similar thread, and a mod decided to host a game, and asked the people there to play... And only after they left the game or decided not to join, he asked other people.

Like I said: since this thread was opened, I think it would have been nice... You don't think I am right: fine... Who asked YOUR opinion in the first place!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.