GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,873 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Holiday? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Chit Chat have an official holiday? If not we should proclaim some arbitrary day to be International Chit Chat Day! There will be burritos, beards, bacon, and no games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
May 13th. Duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:
May 13th. Duh.

13th? pfft. Try May 25th -- Star Wars day / Geek Pride Day, Towel Day, Glorious 25th May, National Missing Children's Day, et c.

What does the 13th have? One of the three feast days of Lemuralia, which is pretty cool, but not as cool as May 25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah.......it should be something totally random.

Let's do a die roll!!

1d365 = (308) = 308

Ok, that would be November 7th!!!

Whaddya guys/gals say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 141394. EgorjLileli
  • 1d365 =
  • (308) =
  • Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:38 pm
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mb
November 7th is a Wednesday this year. That makes for a lo-o-o-o-ng weekend.
It's as good a day as any, though. And the burrito angle figures in with the month, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about 6/31, same day my wife's car is due for an oil change according to the sticker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmartinc wrote:
How about 6/31, same day my wife's car is due for an oil change according to the sticker

Perfect.

Although you might want to change it before 6/31 comes around...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July 10 or 16.

August 18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

Let's do a die roll!!

EgorjLileli previously rolled 1d365 = (308) = 308

Whaddya guys/gals say?

When I was a junior in college, I spent a semester studying in Budapest. This was in an era when Hungary was more westernized than most Soviet bloc countries, but still very much under Communist influence, red stars everywhere, etc. One day we asked our Hungarian language instructor if they ever got bananas there. (It was probably my roommate who asked, and he probably wasn't particularly tactful about it.) We were told that yes, they do have bananas, and they usually arrive around November 7th. We were quite surprised that bananas, you know, had their own day.

It turns out November 7th was some sort of "holiday", where, as far as I could tell, we got the day off in order to celebrate the presence of Russian tanks in the city. This may be an over-simplification (correct me if I'm wrong). So, saying that bananas come around November 7th would be akin to saying that local corn comes in around the 4th of July. But I will forever associate November 7th with bananas. Good roll, MMB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Let's do a die roll!!

EgorjLileli previously rolled 1d365 = (308) = 308

Whaddya guys/gals say?

When I was a junior in college, I spent a semester studying in Budapest. This was in an era when Hungary was more westernized than most Soviet bloc countries, but still very much under Communist influence, red stars everywhere, etc. One day we asked our Hungarian language instructor if they ever got bananas there. (It was probably my roommate who asked, and he probably wasn't particularly tactful about it.) We were told that yes, they do have bananas, and they usually arrive around November 7th. We were quite surprised that bananas, you know, had their own day.

It turns out November 7th was some sort of "holiday", where, as far as I could tell, we got the day off in order to celebrate the presence of Russian tanks in the city. This may be an over-simplification (correct me if I'm wrong). So, saying that bananas come around November 7th would be akin to saying that local corn comes in around the 4th of July. But I will forever associate November 7th with bananas. Good roll, MMB!

Thanks, David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.