GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,018 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Barbarossa Campaign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sample Game Turn - Setup of Turning Point Kursk #1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jos s
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I announced in a previous post on The Barbarossa Campaign, I will try to learn my first true wargame the hard way. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/815890/i-am-lost-with-this-g...

So I will post my questions here in separate threads. Starting with this one about the setup of the Sample Game Turn, first things first. Many thanks in advance for your replies!

Picture explanation (below):
At the top are the directions as shown on the scenario card "Turning Point: Kursk".
Beneath it the left, center and right economic display and the way I placed the counters.

A. Economic Display (left): Axis
1. I placed three axis economic tank counters on the Axis Armor Track (on 2 >, 3 > and 4 >);
2. I placed 2 panzer units on the Eliminated Panzer Units (< 1 and < 2);
3. There is this initiative event counter "Ukraine + Odessa 1 >". I don't know where to put this one.
4. I placed the axis strategic mode counter on Tank Production.

B. Economic Display (Center)
1. I placed two "OKW Directive < 1" counters in this box: "Other Initiative markers Currently in Effect". Also a "Siberian Reserves < 1" and an "Advances by the West < 1".
I suppose the counter mentioned at A3 goes here too?

C. Economic Display (right): Soviet
1. I placed two soviet economic tank counters on the Soviet Armor Track (on < 1 and < 2). Also one "Any Soviet" counter (on < 3);
2. I placed two soviet economic factory counters on the Soviet Industry Track (on < 0 and < 2). Also one "Devastation" counter on < 9;
3. I placed one oil counter on the Soviet Lend-Lease Track (on < 0). Also one "Any Soviet" counter (on < 2).

My question of course, is this the correct setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Latvaitis
United States
Peoria Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Geekmail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks correct to me.

A3. The Ukraine intiative shift marker goes in the corresponding bold red hex under CONTROLLED OBJECTIVES (underneath the top of the number 4 in your photo A). This is also shown in the rule book page 13, left column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos s
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelat713 wrote:
It looks correct to me.

A3. The Ukraine intiative shift marker goes in the corresponding bold red hex under CONTROLLED OBJECTIVES (underneath the top of the number 4 in your photo A). This is also shown in the rule book page 13, left column.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.