GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Bohnanza» Forums » General

Subject: Missing a card. How much does it matter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a copy of Bohnanza at Goodwill it it was missing one card, a black eyed pea. I assume that it isnt that big of a deal, but I just wanted to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you won't notice it in gameplay, but given the price of this game, I'd say go and buy a new one meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you will be usng this copy, as a courtesy, I would tell every1 before the game starts that there is indeed -1 blackeyed bean. I've noticed this is one game where people make more effort to keep track of what cards have gone by and what's left, often with good results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Keller
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cphpitts wrote:
I found a copy of Bohnanza at Goodwill it it was missing one card, a black eyed pea. I assume that it isnt that big of a deal, but I just wanted to check.

If you bought a German version of the game, we would be able to send you the missing card. If you bought the American version however, you might have to contact Rio Grande Games. :)

Take care,
Bernd
AMIGO Spiel + Freizeit GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
herbergsvatter wrote:
cphpitts wrote:

If you bought a German version of the game, we would be able to send you the missing card. If you bought the American version however, you might have to contact Rio Grande Games.

Take care,
Bernd
AMIGO Spiel + Freizeit GmbH

Great service, guys!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that it matters enough that it should be made clear at the start of the game, but doesn't matter enough to be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules in the Rio Grande version suggest that you remove certain beans based on the number of players. So if you're removing the coffee beans, for example, just leave in one coffee bean and tell everyone it's a black-eyed bean. Not aesthetically pleasing, but it's one option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I had someone offer me an extra card they had so luckily I won't need to play with an incomplete set for long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.