GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,334 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Maori» Forums » Variants

Subject: More Flower rings with less points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed, there's only few of that cards with flower rings.
The last time I palyed with afriend, she took one of those cards quite early in the game, I got two (all three were on the suqare right from the beginning) and had a complete ring already. For the whole rest of the game, no further flowers appeared at all, giving my friend not even a theoretical chance to complete her ring.

In othe rgames I saw similar situations. It is often a matter of pure luck, if there appear any more rings allowing people to complete their rings. If you do, of course, it it quite strong in victory points count.

My suggestion is to put some more of those flower cars in the game. One could use the three blanko cards contained in the box, to add three, making it 11 (instead of only 8) in total.
On the other hand point für a completed ring should be reduced to 8. Thus a ring pair of card will still be the most valuable 2-piece-Island possible.
It will still be difficult to complete a ring, cause even if the one needed appears, others can steal it.
If there were more blanco cards, I would even suggest to add 6 more of them.
On the other hand, reducing points to 8 will make the luck in this matter less decisive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
It's luck but then you have to play well to make sure your opponent either:
a) doesn't get the second ring (take it or make it out of reach)
or
b) is tempted to get it at a costly price, meaning you can exploit them later when their shells are low

Of course you can take the one they need as well. There are plenty of other ways to score big and I have been in plenty of games where the person with the lei isn't the winner, and a few where I've gone all out for one and stuffed myself up for the rest of the game. I think they're quite balanced myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.