GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,370 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

StreetSoccer» Forums » General

Subject: Is MasterMoves doing this ok? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krishnakumar M
India
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I have couple of questions about MasterMoves implementation of StreetSoccer.

1. When you need to move just a few squares but you have rolled much more than that (for example, if you need just two but your rolled a six), the player move sometimes compensates the extra pips to by moving back one square and coming forward again and so on till he reaches the desired place (here he has just accomodated two pips by moving back and forth). Isn't this against the rules of StreetSoccer?

2. This is actually a bug in MasterMoves. It does not take shortest path sometimes to reach a point.
This happened to me.
See below
11meeple
robotdevil1

Assume the robot is the ball and the devil is opponent player. I got 6 and I selected the ball. It took the longest path around the opponent to reach the ball, spending my valuable pips.

Please clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Moving back and forth to expend pips is NOT against the rules of Streetsoccer. Players will do it all the time.

The animation in Mastermoves is for effect only - your move will be calculated accurately. It doesn't consume any additional pips. In your example above: When you get to the ball, notice that you will have all your options available to you - including the longest possible kick which assumes you spent 4 pips to get to the ball. (I played with the animation off as it took too much time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Only at mastermoves.eu all rules work precise as in the boardgame.

Yes, the animation shows a longer (or shorter) path sometimes, but the computer calculates it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the great things about MasterMoves is that cwali himself is very active there - you can be sure that the rules work right when the game designer and publisher is an active participant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.