GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
45 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: "16 and 12 Year Old Kids Murdered by Nobel Peace Prize Winner" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'll bite. Obama didn't kill the kids. The informant who tagged the wrong vehicles, intentionally or otherwise, killed the kids.

Should we be waging a drone war? Nope. It's too close to traditional assassination for my tastes, except with added collateral victims. It is no way to win a "war" of ideology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I just have to quote this guy's whole blog post for maximum effect:

Quote:
16 and 12 Year Old Kids Murdered by Nobel Peace Prize Winner as they were going to visit their aunt.

Happily, they were swarthy foreigners, not human beings, and US policy declares that whatever people our drones kill are either “enemy combatants” or “collateral damage”, not “innocent murder victims unilaterally killed by an unaccountable tyrant”. Remember how a drone war works.

Best part for our God King? Progressives say, “We have to vote for him because otherwise we’ll be stuck with a Republican waging unjust wars and committing war cr . . . oh. Wait.” and conservative worshippers of Mars (especially the Christian ones) think this is the only part of the entire Obama performance record that is really awesome.

Follow both those links for the horrors. Enjoy your lunch hour.

As always I'm sure you have a better idea for how to prosecute the "war on terror" and aren't just pointing this out because Obama = bad, right?

Totally unrelated and not at all relevant to you or this post, Monin told me a couple weeks ago that trolling is not an offense they care to prosecute in the RSP forum. That's sure lucky for anyone who would do that kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
Okay, I'll bite. Obama didn't kill the kids. The informant who tagged the wrong vehicles, intentionally or otherwise, killed the kids.

Should we be waging a drone war? Nope. It's too close to traditional assassination for my tastes, except with added collateral victims. It is no way to win a "war" of ideology.

Agreed except that Obama is responsible for approving it (and so will any Republican president who continues it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:

You must not understand this forum. Everything that can be in any way connected to the White House, democrats, or black people is Obama's fault. Anything untoward that a Christian, Republican, or conservative media personality does is probably misunderstood, certainly not representative of the ideology on the whole, and also Obama's fault. Try to keep up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
abrannan wrote:

Agreed except that Obama is responsible for approving it (and so will any Republican president who continues it).

War sucks. That's hardly news. I only take issue with those who are fine with killing people, just not in this particular manner. Because no civilians have ever been harmed by a conventional war, you see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Totally unrelated and not at all relevant to you or this post, Monin told me a couple weeks ago that trolling is not an offense they care to prosecute in the RSP forum. That's sure lucky for anyone who would do that kind of thing.

Of course, they still come down quite hard on pointing out when somebody is clearly trolling (like, for example, when they straight-up admit it). Which is a shame. I have all of these amusing Shrek GIFs I never get to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Of course, they still come down quite hard on pointing out when somebody is clearly trolling (like, for example, when they straight-up admit it). Which is a shame. I have all of these amusing Shrek GIFs I never get to use.

Shrek is an ogre, not a troll, so those GIFs should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
quozl wrote:
abrannan wrote:

War sucks. That's hardly news. I only take issue with those who are fine with killing people, just not in this particular manner. Because no civilians have ever been harmed by a conventional war, you see.

Yep, there was this thread where nobody ever explained why Christians support governments that go to war: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/531562/how-can-christian...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

What about accusing people of trolling? Is that still a felony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I'm waiting for an opportunity to point out to Matthew how ludicrous that double standard is, but I haven't ever accused anyone of such a thing so it hasn't really come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

It is. You should absolutely not do that. I wouldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

No, but accusing people of accusing people of trolling is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only valid point here, and I think it's a huge point, is that it was asinine to award Obama the Nobel Peace price on account of campaign promises of hope and change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
I think the only valid point here, and I think it's a huge point, is that it was asinine to award Obama the Nobel Peace price on account of campaign promises of hope and change.

I don't know anyone who has ever contested that argument. I would argue that the Nobel Peace Prize is largely meaningless and no one cares about it to begin with, but he still didn't deserve one for any reason I could figure out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Genghis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

That's so meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
abrannan wrote:

You must not understand this forum. Everything that can be in any way connected to the White House, democrats, or black people is Obama's fault. Anything untoward that a Christian, Republican, or conservative media personality does is probably misunderstood, certainly not representative of the ideology on the whole, and also Obama's fault. Try to keep up.

Dave is right. RSP is a clear example of the majority cowering in fear of three or four outspoken conservatives. When will you libs stop your incessant whining and complaining about always being attacked by the bad men in white hats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
abrannan wrote:

Dave is right. RSP is a clear example of the majority cowering in fear of three or four outspoken conservatives. When will you libs stop your incessant whining and complaining about always being attacked by the bad men in white hats?

Visual aid:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Genghis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Woah... the rabbit hole goes deeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I always appreciate a good laugh, and tip each and every one. Still, having seen your new FB cover photo, that appears to look more like you without the gay t-shirt than it does me. At any rate, funny shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
abrannan wrote:

This from someone enters every thread where more than one person is disagreeing with Drew and says "You GUYZZZZZ! Quit gangin' up on him!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tagged Wisconsin. We'll see what happens when it's not swarthy foreigners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I always appreciate a good laugh, and tip each and every one. Still, having seen your new FB cover photo, that appears to look more like you without the gay t-shirt than it does me. At any rate, funny shit.

I am way, way hairier than that guy. And I fill out my briefs a little better, if you know what I mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

I am way, way hairier than that guy. And I fill out my briefs a little better, if you know what I mean.

I thought that was a potato.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

I thought that was a potato.

In his briefs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Genghis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

It is. You should absolutely not do that. I wouldn't.

Very handy to know. Thanks for the clarification.

No thanks for the visual aid, though I am impressed you were able to rip that one out of the intarwebz in a fairly short period of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.