GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Utopia Engine» Forums » General

Subject: Another way to play digitally... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Kooyer
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The fat is in the fire
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for a way to play this at work, or on a PC where I don't have VASSEL installed. It's not the best implementation, but it does the job if you want to save the world without the paper or VASSEL. Here is what I use to play:

1. I use Chrome as my browser. I installed a free extension called Dice Roller. It emulates a six-sided dice on the right-side of your address bar. When you click on it, a number between one and six appears.

2. I found a website called PDF Filler (https://www.pdffiller.com). It allows you to upload or link to a PDF file online and fill it with text. I linked to one of the PDF versions of the score sheet to it. Then I was able to mark-up the score sheet as I played.

3. Roll the dice and fill in the sheet! Another thing to note is that you can save your filled PDFs on PDF Filler, so you can "save" mid-game and pick up your game later!

I hope this fills the need to someone on BGG! Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Blanchflower
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for this.

It does seem though that if you want to save your pdf file, you have to pay a subscription fee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kooyer
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The fat is in the fire
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I saved a file a few days ago and just reopened it. No money required. I did register with their website, but I didn't pay them anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.