Subject: King of Tokyo -- Reprints Shipped rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: I make my own insertsMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: U.S. National Parks fan
Quote:
This happened to me with 7 Wonders - got the first edition when the second was just in stock. CSI keeps some to sell at higher prices when out of stock and if they don't sell they ship them out with the reprints. At least thats what I'm assuming happens.
That really doesn't make sense. I have never seen them sell the same game at different prices and this game has shown 'out of stock' for quite some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: I make my own insertsMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: U.S. National Parks fan
IelloGames wrote:
The latest print run of King of Tokyo DOES contain engraved dice.

The way to tell if you have the last edition is to check the reference near the bar code on the back of the rules.

It should read:
Ref. 51032 /4
The "4" is for 4th edition. This is how we keep track of our print runs.

If you get anything lower than 4 then you were sold a previous edition with non engraved dice.
The copy I just picked up from CSI says "2" so that explains why I don't have the engraved dice. I'm still confused why they would still be selling the older version as they've shown out of stock for quite some time. I wish I would have known this UPC info before opening it. I will contact CSI and see what they have to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: The Chicken Cup knows...Microbadge: Portal Games fanMicrobadge: Watch it Played fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
28green wrote:
IelloGames wrote:
The latest print run of King of Tokyo DOES contain engraved dice.

The way to tell if you have the last edition is to check the reference near the bar code on the back of the rules.

It should read:
Ref. 51032 /4
The "4" is for 4th edition. This is how we keep track of our print runs.

If you get anything lower than 4 then you were sold a previous edition with non engraved dice.
The copy I just picked up from CSI says "2" so that explains why I don't have the engraved dice. I'm still confused why they would still be selling the older version as they've shown out of stock for quite some time. I wish I would have known this UPC info before opening it. I will contact CSI and see what they have to say.
I know CSI does sell some things on Amazon for a lot higher than they do at their site. Why they would still have it when everyone has been sold out for eons is beyond me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Cloud Cap Games fanMicrobadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Math Trader
Now I'm worried that my copy on the way from CSI won't be the new edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Inis fanMicrobadge: BattleLore Second Edition fanMicrobadge: War ChestMicrobadge: Aristeia! fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth fan
28green wrote:
Just picked up my pre-order of King of Tokyo at CSI and their website shows them in stock. Hooray!

EDIT: Word of warning, I just opened my copy and it DID NOT have the engraved dice. Not a huge deal for me, but considering I waited for the second edition because it was said to have the engraved dice, it's a little disappointing.
You say you picked up your copy from their actual store/warehouse? Perhaps they gave you a copy off the shelves, while those being shipped will be from the recently received 2nd edition? Just grasping at straws here... I hope I get an engraved set :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Nightmare Before Christmas fanMicrobadge: Everything Epic Games "Big Trouble in Little China: The Game" Contest participantMicrobadge: King of Tokyo: Halloween fanMicrobadge: WotC "Scoundrels of Skullport" Contest participantMicrobadge: Greater Than Games "Legends of Sleepy Hollow" Contest participant
Wally from Boards and Bits contacted me today about my request for an update on KoT and he directed me to the Iello facebook page. I've since responded letting him know I have been tracking it on BGG and other retailers have it. I've asked for any additional information he could provide so we'll see what he has to say. This game is holding up my LoTR: The card game, a boatload of expansions AND my 3rd edition Dominant Species so it better HURRY UP! arrrh[/q]

Thank you for the information! Considering how long this has been available for preorder at Boards and Bits I had a feeling that there were a number of us with significant orders pending receipt of this last item. Certainly difficult to see all the other retailers receiving their shipments but not Boards and Bits....soon my precious (hopefully) shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: The Chicken Cup knows...Microbadge: Portal Games fanMicrobadge: Watch it Played fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
JSkellington Esq wrote:

Thank you for the information! Considering how long this has been available for preorder at Boards and Bits I had a feeling that there were a number of us with significant orders pending receipt of this last item. Certainly difficult to see all the other retailers receiving their shipments but not Boards and Bits....soon my precious (hopefully) shake
Boards and Bits may have been further from Iello's distributor than Cool Stuff and be a couple of days behind. I think they were a few days behind in getting Quarriors Quarmageddon as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Shepherd
Canada
Tecumseh
ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Tick fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I'd rather be playing boardgames!Microbadge: Buffy fan
28green wrote:
Quote:
This happened to me with 7 Wonders - got the first edition when the second was just in stock. CSI keeps some to sell at higher prices when out of stock and if they don't sell they ship them out with the reprints. At least thats what I'm assuming happens.
That really doesn't make sense. I have never seen them sell the same game at different prices and this game has shown 'out of stock' for quite some time.
Look at what CSI is selling Eclipse for right now. 89.99. When they were selling pre-orders for 65ish. This price changed almost by the hour when they got non-pre-order stock in to sell.

So this doesn't seem so far fetched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Quote:
You say you picked up your copy from their actual store/warehouse? Perhaps they gave you a copy off the shelves, while those being shipped will be from the recently received 2nd edition? Just grasping at straws here... I hope I get an engraved set :/
They actually don't keep a big variety of games on their shelves and this game has definitely not been on their shelves for quite some time. Also, I watched the guy go to their warehouse (which is within walking distance). However, I just noticed that one of the corners has a slight dent. Maybe the guy grabbed it from a ding/dint section in the warehouse (which is also odd because they have a ding/dent section on their shelves). I've contacted CSI and will provide an update when I have one. I did tell them they should probably put a note on their product page if they are currently still selling the older prints so that no other customers run into the same issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Battlegrounds Gaming Fan (Norwalk, CT)Microbadge: Rum & Bones fanMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Vast: The Crystal Caverns fanMicrobadge: Connecticut Game Club Fan (CTGameClub.org)
davestephens wrote:
Hey Rob, any word on replacement dice sets for those of us who own the first printing? Thanks!
Guess not eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Marstiller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
davestephens wrote:
davestephens wrote:
Hey Rob, any word on replacement dice sets for those of us who own the first printing? Thanks!
Guess not eh?
Top of the page...

IelloGames wrote:
And since I know what your next question will be...

... The engraved dice kit is delayed and should be available later this year. I hope for September but it's not a firm date so don't quote me on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Battlegrounds Gaming Fan (Norwalk, CT)Microbadge: Rum & Bones fanMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Vast: The Crystal Caverns fanMicrobadge: Connecticut Game Club Fan (CTGameClub.org)
Gotcha. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
28green wrote:
Quote:
They sold Eclipse for 50-60$ the first go round, then they started selling them at 80-90 and then finally for $160.

Then the second go round of Eclipse they sold them for 50-60 initially and now they are selling their 2nd box of Eclipse for 80-90. I look for that to go up to 160 again when they get to their 3rd box or whatever.

So they do have a practice of increasing their prices as games get harder to get. However I haven't noticed them doing it widely, I just started paying attention with the Eclipse deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Just a quick update. CSI, as expected, allowed me to exchange the older version for the latest reprint, no hassle. They apparently still have five of the old copies still on hand. I can now confirm that the re-print does indeed have the engraved dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls fanMicrobadge: Futurama fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Spelunky fan
Very good to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
Microbadge: WDYPTW Podcast fanMicrobadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: The Opinionated Gamers fanMicrobadge: I have at least 3,000 logged game plays!
World at Play is shipping the new version with engraved dice, got it yesterday off the truck.

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
Microbadge: Extra Life participantMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Soylent Green is meeple!Microbadge: VeganMicrobadge: Board Gamers Anonymous podcast fan
Thanks to the thread, I made my order through CSI.

This is my first time ordering with them, sorry MM, you were two days behind on getting it in stock.

I also emailed CSI and confirmed with them that the game was the new reprint, they said, it was, so I will see on Saturday.

I also ordered the two KoT promos from BGG.

Now lets get that expansion up, I am ready to buy it core game and expansion, unseen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
Still not in at Boards and Bits.
Boards and bits orders shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Peters
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures: War at Sea fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Fleet Captains fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: Santorini fan
Already out of stock at CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: SoloCon attendeeMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: Clash of Cultures fan
MajMalfunction wrote:
Still not in at Boards and Bits.
Tom emailed and said they should be shipping today. I keep checking my inbox, but so far....NO CONFIRMATION cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Heroscape fanMicrobadge: Water Polo fanMicrobadge: Oingo Boingo fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan
Eleven left as of this posting at Miniature Market. They only just had them available as restocked as of yesterday afternoon, and it was over 30 copies. Going quick.

edit: cheapest price online as well, unless you need to factor shipping because your order wasn't over $99.

edit edit: and now it's down to three copies less than 20 minutes later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah, looks like they still have 6 available on Amazon for about $7 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garretson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: Dual of Ages II fanMicrobadge: Kate Bush fanMicrobadge: Minecraft fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fan
In stock at Boards and Bits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Rehm

Palm Bay
Florida
msg tools
Microbadge: Container fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: We should have known...energy is not freeMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter - I like Orange
Just recieved my copy, which I ordered yesterday, from CSI. It's nice living so close, shipping takes a day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Heroscape fanMicrobadge: Water Polo fanMicrobadge: Oingo Boingo fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan

Interesting...more copies have appeared at Miniature Market within the past hour and with a price increase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |