GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,415 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Chancellors» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Excuse Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a doubts with The Excuse card.

When I can play this card?

a) At any time during "Solve problems, with control"? phase. This means that I can abdicate all Royal Services this turn before using The Excuse card.

b) Only at the beginning of phase "Solve problemas, with control" and if I have no royal services at this moment. If I start to play with any Royal Services I can't play The Excuse card.

c) Only at the end of "Solve problemas, with control" phase and if I have no Royal Services. This means that I can abdicate all Royal Services before using The Excuse card.

Can you clarify the timing?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... Good question! The rules do not seem to be entirely clear on this point. blush

However, I think it ought to be:

jcd2001es wrote:

c) Only at the end of "Solve problemas, with control" phase and if I have no Royal Services. This means that I can abdicate all Royal Services before using The Excuse card.

The Excuse does not change timing. You still play when you ordinarily would as someone who controls no Services, but the Excuse lets you solve part of a problem or solve an entire problem less expensively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, P.D. Magnus.

I also think that option c) is the best.

And another question. Is it only you can solve a single problem with the Excuse card, or it could solve one to three problems? I understand that only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcd2001es wrote:

And another question. Is it only you can solve a single problem with the Excuse card, or it could solve one to three problems? I understand that only one.

I agree. Only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, P.D. Magnus.
Congratulations for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.