GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal B-17 updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, guys, I hope you like the additions I made to the B-17 vassal module, if any of you play that version. What a cool little solitaire game. Once I get through my 'standard' 25 missions (currently on #17 bound for Kiel), I will dive into the Italian Campaign. I added the map that came in The General of 1986. The difference is fighter-cover does exist out to 8 zones but the quality is sub-par (meaning: the 'Good" rating is few and far between).

I enhanced the Composite Chart to reflect these additional zones. .

I recently added the actual Memphis Bells's 25-missions via Avalon Hill's The General. The biography about is also added in the menu.

Hope you enjoy it!

-Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Craig,

I'll have to run over and give it a look. It has been awhile since I played on Vassal.

Jim P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the vassal additions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sabais
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great additions to the module. Any plans to add the Lancaster or B-24 variants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are very welcome!

Version 3.0 is ready.

I need to know if any of you guys have had any bugs, issues, etc. I received 2 emails that have 'issues' opening the module up.

Version 2.3 through 2.5, and now 3.0, were done using the Beta version of Vassal. I have noted this to Vassal forums.

The 3.0 version has a NEW Mission Chart which is almost strictly Germany's industrial heartland. I also cleaned up, expanded, and enhanced the stategic map to incorporate the new targets. Basically, there are new icons splattered on the map for the additional targets.

One problem I need to fix is the Mission Chart and Composite Chart. In version 3-something, I expanded the misiion chart's fighter cover zone from 6 to 8. Well, the new chart goes to 10. Problem: only so much space on the chart to work with. I had to rearrange the sheet just to accommodate the 8 zones. This must be done 26x; the 25 missions PLUS the extra mission.

The thing I do right now is when I get to 8, I just use a slash for zones 9 and 10 until I figure out how to incorporate the 10 zones.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabreman1966 wrote:
Great additions to the module. Any plans to add the Lancaster or B-24 variants?

I think that would be a great idea as an extension. I will reaserch that, mostly for historical accuracy. I can already see a whole separate map being used since the present map (now) is crowded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought I'd post this for your amusement. I thought about writing up my crew's biographies.

http://www.battlecolors.com/b17/group.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sabais
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrelle68 wrote:
You guys are very welcome!

Version 3.0 is ready.

I need to know if any of you guys have had any bugs, issues, etc. I received 2 emails that have 'issues' opening the module up.

Version 2.3 through 2.5, and now 3.0, were done using the Beta version of Vassal. I have noted this to Vassal forums.

The 3.0 version has a NEW Mission Chart which is almost strictly Germany's industrial heartland. I also cleaned up, expanded, and enhanced the stategic map to incorporate the new targets. Basically, there are new icons splattered on the map for the additional targets.

One problem I need to fix is the Mission Chart and Composite Chart. In version 3-something, I expanded the misiion chart's fighter cover zone from 6 to 8. Well, the new chart goes to 10. Problem: only so much space on the chart to work with. I had to rearrange the sheet just to accommodate the 8 zones. This must be done 26x; the 25 missions PLUS the extra mission.

The thing I do right now is when I get to 8, I just use a slash for zones 9 and 10 until I figure out how to incorporate the 10 zones.

Any ideas?

http://www.skdgaming.com/b17ex.htm

This link has a lot of files that might be useful, including a revised mission chart that goes up to zone 10 (item number 3)

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing collective site & files, thank you for your work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sabais
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
Amazing collective site & files, thank you for your work!

Yes, Steve Dixon has an amazing site and file collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here's an update. Version 3.5 is nearing completion so I figured I'd post it here.

1. Added Lancaster variant extension, which includes new charts, tables, map, new fighters, and new mission summary composite chart (the one you transcribe) specific for the Lancaster.

2. Enhanced original map.

3. Bomber counters are redone.

4. B-24 extension will be included as well.

5. The Mission Chart got a face lift and now includes 12 zones for your bombing pleasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lancaster variant extension is ready for download. The B-24J is still a work in progress. Shouold be done by Monday.

As always, any issues you find can be sent here: craig68x@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lancaster "rules" are on Vassal. Just FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Craig...

Tried to open v3.5 AND v3.2 and received this messsage:

"Module Too New

The module your are trying to use (../B-17_QotS-v3.5.vmod) was created with VASSAS 3.2.0-beta1. This version of VASSAL (3.1.19) cannot edit or play modules that are new."

surprisecry

The current Vassal rev (for MacOSX) is 3.1.19.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rally Point Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
rallypoint wrote:
Craig...

Tried to open v3.5 AND v3.2 and received this messsage:

"Module Too New

The module your are trying to use (../B-17_QotS-v3.5.vmod) was created with VASSAS 3.2.0-beta1. This version of VASSAL (3.1.19) cannot edit or play modules that are new."

surprisecry

The current Vassal rev (for MacOSX) is 3.1.19.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rally Point Ron

RPR, you trying to get in your mission for the 281st!?

Or is this your excuse why you didn't... shake

LOL hope to see you at the Briefing soon!!
Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Whoseymacrank
United States
Sweetwater
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GUys, I have had this issue put over on the Vassal forums and the powers that be basically said: download the beta version.

I tried reversing it to 3.1.19 but that did nothing.

Here's what I would do: D'load the beta version. Use it to open the B-17 module ONLY. That way your other mods are (go to the vassal forum)still in 3.1.19.

Check this link out:

http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5303

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.