GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,612 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Conclusion: I've been playing and reviewing a lot of fillers lately and this is one of my favorites already! This game is easy, but has so much tension.

For the most part, this game is a deck of cards (and a simple board). The strategy comes in from which color to play and which ones to give away. You only want to discard cards your opponent cannot play. If you are too heavy in one color, that means opportunity for your opponent.

This game is quick, real quick. It packs a lot of strategy and luck in a short amount of time (luck is in which cards you draw).

If you want a quick card game that is fast to play, I highly recommend this game.

Components: This is going to be short. You get a deck of card and a small board. This game is very portable. The cards are oversized with good artwork. The interesting part of the art work is they tell a story of the expedition. The board is of good stock, but the art of the board is not good (it is basically just colors).

Overall, the components get the job done, but are not great (quality is great).

Rules: The rules are so easy to understand. You can learn the rules in about a minute and there is no reason to study before you show up to play. The flow of the game is explained perfectly.

Flow of the game: To play this game, you have to understand the scoring. It cost you 20 points to go forward on an expedition. So you only want to play a color if you think (or know) you can get at least 20 points. But you have a finite amount of actions, so 20 should not be good enough. To score, you count up your points and subtract 20 and then add up your score in all 5 colors and add them together. Keep in mind, the handshake cards are modifiers.

The flow of the game is simple: play a card, draw a card. You can play one card to the board (or discard). Then, you can draw the top discarded card (in one of the 5 colors) or from the draw pile.

The game ends when the draw pile's last card is taken. This is a ticking time bomb. This adds a ton of tension to the game.

Should I buy this game?: Yes! I really, really like this game. It is one of my top 5 fillers. It is simple to learn and fun to play. I like the press your luck part of the game and trying to out smart your opponent. I like this game a lot and it will not be purged.

*EDIT TO FIX PHOTOS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the art on the board not good? Each picture is a representation of the different expeditions with artwork that is unique to itself. If anything the colors can be tricky between the blue and white in certain lights but I think the pictures are great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
How is the art on the board not good? Each picture is a representation of the different expeditions with artwork that is unique to itself. If anything the colors can be tricky between the blue and white in certain lights but I think the pictures are great!

In my version, the art on the cards were good but on the board it was just colors and it was hard to tell which one was white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused as to exactly what you were reviewing here. You included a picture of a homemade knockoff and two different online versions. Yet, your text sounds like your reviewing the boxed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I'm confused as to exactly what you were reviewing here. You included a picture of a homemade knockoff and two different online versions. Yet, your text sounds like your reviewing the boxed game.

Sorry, I reviewed the boxed version. I must have put the wrong pics up. I'm sorry for confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

I fixed the pictures. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.