GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
279 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: High and Mighty III - A higher value math trade - Results Posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the past two years, I've run higher value math trades. We've had success with this - 20% of items traded - and hopefully we can make it three in a row...

If you don't know how a math trade works, please watch this great video guide by by Boathouselooper.

Of course, we need a lower end cutoff here and so I will, somewhat arbitrarily, choose:

ALL ITEMS/PACKAGES IN THIS EVENT MUST HAVE A MINIMUM VALUE OF $60 (U.S)

How will this be determined? See rule #1 below.

Trade Geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143593

Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143775

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Friday, June 22nd (10pm) until Wednesday, June 27th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Wednesday, June 27th (10pm) until Friday, June 29th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. Just submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

The rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 In the event of uncertainty, we will use the following mechanism to judge if an item can be included:

In print new games:

Do not use MSRP. Use available prices from the usual online vendors.

If you know that an item is only available somewhere else, please point that out in your entry.

In print used games:

Use the BGG Marketplace history - sold items, not the prices for unsold items.

Out of print games:

BGG Marketplace history should be the first stop - items not sold in the past year in the Marketplace will be treated more leniently as their value has probably risen

Quote:
When in doubt, use this site to get more information (you can mouse over the sold item to sometimes see notes about version, condition etc.):

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php

The moderator reserves the right to make all final decisions on this.

Packaging games to get over the $60 value is OK.

d10-2 Geekgold may be used only as a sweetener and will not count towards the package value.

d10-3 Gift certificates are allowed, but given the fact that shipping affects the value of a GC obtained for a game, no GCs will be allowed below the value of $75, except as a sweetener.

Edit - it makes some sense to me to make the following modification to the GC rule:

For GCs added as sweetners, the total value of your package must be at least $75 and the value of your GC should not exceed the total value of the game(s) it is paired with.

Other items outside the scope of BGG are permitted if they meet the valuation.

d10-4 Gift certificate arbitrage is NOT allowed. However you may trade an entry that has GG or a GC as a sweetener for another which also has GG or a GC as a sweetener, provided that the other items offered in each entry are entirely different - it's just too hard to police otherwise.

d10-5 As accurately as is reasonably possible, describe the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to others.

d10-6 Clearly state your shipping policy in your listing. You are required to cover shipping within your own country. For U.S. residents, you are only required to cover shipping within the 48 contiguous states. You are not required to ship outside of your own country but your shipping restrictions outside of your own country must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping elsewhere, then you must state precisely how much of the actual shipping cost you will cover.

Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

d10-7 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries.

d10-8 Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-9 Subscribe to your entries and respond to questions during the item submission period. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy. You will NOT be able to respond to comments in the GeekList once it is locked down and the want list submission period begins.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. GG may be used as a sweetener only.

Want list submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4 and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honour any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists carefully before submitting them to check for errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm a little late posting something, please bear with me.

Thanks for reading to the bottom here - you may be in a minority.

So enter lots of items and have fun!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, June 27th, 2012, 10:00 PM CDT
Deadline-Wants: Friday, June 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM CDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: High and Mighty III - A higher value math trade
Want lists are here:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/143593-officialwants.txt

Results are here:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack,
As always Thanks for doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazingly, this is already on the OLWLG, but it thinks that it is "359 days since it ended" which obviously doesn't make sense. I'm guessing this is a weird glitch that will correct itself, but in case that's not the case, I decided to document my findings here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenskana wrote:
Amazingly, this is already on the OLWLG, but it thinks that it is "359 days since it ended" which obviously doesn't make sense. I'm guessing this is a weird glitch that will correct itself, but in case that's not the case, I decided to document my findings here.

I already fixed the cause. The next update will correct it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
ravenskana wrote:

I already fixed the cause. The next update will correct it.

Thanks Jack! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I get a judgment on whether Krakow 1325 AD + the 3 player expansion might qualify? I've had a number of inquiries about them and would like to list them as 1 entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
Could I get a judgment on whether Krakow 1325 AD + the 3 player expansion might qualify? I've had a number of inquiries about them and would like to list them as 1 entry.

That's a hard one to track but I'd have to say no. The one copy of the base game that sold this year went for $30, and the copies in the marketplace (from Europe) still don't reach the threshold.

Sorry. But you could throw in something else smallish with it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite MT so I just dumped a page worth of haves and a handful of wants!

There are some requests that don't meet the threshold that I could offer, but I wasn't sure what to do about them. For example, I have a copy of Vinhos, be NIS z-man copies are ~$40. Can I offer that up or do I have to throw in something random to make up the difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Clifton
United States
Newman Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
Stave it off, 1 2 3, now you can count to three!
badge
Do I know what rhetorical means?
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you look at the sale history of a game in the BGG Marketplace? I can see the games for sale but perhaps I'm blind and don't see where a sale history button is? Something else I'm missing?

Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the "More Info" link or view the item's details as if you were to make a purchase. At the bottom of that page is a "Market Info" link, such as you'll see in this example:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bretcliftawn wrote:
How do you look at the sale history of a game in the BGG Marketplace? I can see the games for sale but perhaps I'm blind and don't see where a sale history button is? Something else I'm missing?

Thank you in advance

Use the spielboy application (look in the header, you can't miss it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
This is one of my favorite MT so I just dumped a page worth of haves and a handful of wants!

There are some requests that don't meet the threshold that I could offer, but I wasn't sure what to do about them. For example, I have a copy of Vinhos, be NIS z-man copies are ~$40. Can I offer that up or do I have to throw in something random to make up the difference?

There are a few options which spring to mind Nathan:

- Add another game and hope that it doesn't turn off someone thinking of going for it (if you add a decently rated game, that should work).

- Do a multiple listing where people have a choice of what they take. I've done one of those here as I wasn't quite sure that the two most valuable items I included qualified (I think that they were both $5 short). I've had good luck with these, trading a couple in previous high-value MTs. Just make sure there's stuff in there that people will want.

- Add a GC to reach or pass the value. However, given the spirit of the rules of this event, I will say that the entire value of your package should reach or surpass $75 (the smallest value for a GC alone) and that the GC should not be of higher value than the game.

In fact, I am tweaking the GC rules slightly to that effect, as no-one has violated them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, since I haven't had any bites on Dungeon for a math trade, this may be an exercise in futility. I've valued it myself probably higher than it needs to be and the prices are all over the map. Could I get some feedback on $$ for this:

MFG: TSR

Year/ed: 1975 version with lizard man logo

Condition: Good condition (for it's age). Box has seen better days and has 2 split corners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way - it's hard to police this sort of event. It's quite a lot of work. I don't always know the current value of a game, and I don't want to have to check every entry, so if you see something you feel is short of the threshold - please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterKnot wrote:
OK, since I haven't had any bites on Dungeon for a math trade, this may be an exercise in futility. I've valued it myself probably higher than it needs to be and the prices are all over the map. Could I get some feedback on $$ for this:

MFG: TSR

Year/ed: 1975 version with lizard man logo

Condition: Good condition (for it's age). Box has seen better days and has 2 split corners.

This one is indeed all over the place:

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php?gameID=73070#

Because of this uncertainty, and assuming that it is complete, I would say list it and let the market determine if the value is appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga, the 1st edition known as "Viking Fury" (I think it's in new in shrink too if that helps)... I'm not exactly sure of it's value, from the bgg sale history

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/prices.cgi?gameid=12495

there are 4 sales in the last 2 years (Jan 2010 to now)

£ 15.99 new Nov 3 2011 Feb 7 2012 This is the original Ragnar Brothers Vking Fury edition New in shrink. £3 to UK, £5 to Europe

US$ 70 verygood Sep 14 2011 Oct 10 2011 This is the original Ragnar Brothers edition of Viking Fury, including the Tea Cloth board. This game has been played and enjoyed, and is in very good condition.

US$ 35 verygood Dec 6 2010 Dec 6 2010 Viking Fury Reserved for Vincent Coppola

US$ 70 likenew Jan 25 2010 Mar 2 2010 This is for Viking Fury published by Ragnar Brothers

the 1st one note wasn't available in the USA. The most recent US sale was over $60.. does this edition qualify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jack,
Did not see mention in the rules: Are non-game items allow? I've got some new electronics in the over $60 value that I would like to list.

Thanks,
-David

EDIT: never-mind...Re-read and found the answer...
anglotiger wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Clifton
United States
Newman Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
Stave it off, 1 2 3, now you can count to three!
badge
Do I know what rhetorical means?
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:
Look at the "More Info" link or view the item's details as if you were to make a purchase. At the bottom of that page is a "Market Info" link, such as you'll see in this example:

Ah. Got it. Thank you!

Jack,

The speilboy wasn't working on my machine last night so I wanted to make sure I had more than one way to price check. But thank you and thank you MUCH more for running the trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't currently have any individual $60+ value games for trade, I'm certainly willing to bundle multiple games together... with that in mind, I thought I'd ask if anyone sees a particular set of games from my trade list that they'd be interested to see bundled together for this math trade? If so, please send me a geekmail with your request/suggestion (otherwise I'll try my best to come up with interesting combos on my own)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:

Actually this should *not* be where one should be looking for market price info... this is BGG's aggregated/averaged out numbers since the game was 1st entered into the BGG database... which means across all editions (such as Acquire), across all time when the game went in and out of print, and just time in general.

Use the spielboy toy and/or if you are "adding" the games to the math trade using the OLWLG "add games to MT" sub-tool by clicking on the icon

which displays the same data but in table format instead of a graph... but has all the listing text displayed right there (where as in the graph you have to click on a data point to see)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - this is one I'll enter; but have nearly no expectation of succeeding.

Most of the games I'm looking at are either at (or slightly below) the $60 threshold (so, Mage Knight, for instance, I can get for anywhere from $53-$56 new online ... I don't know that I'd want to pay MORE for it used (and, a LOT more - since I'd have to do a $75 GC to get a $53 game).

I'll put up some "just in case" things; but my expectation is pretty much nil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
Hey Jack,
Did not see mention in the rules: Are non-game items allow? I've got some new electronics in the over $60 value that I would like to list.

Thanks,
-David

EDIT: never-mind...Re-read and found the answer...
anglotiger wrote:

Let's try to keep the items new - easier to track the value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
I have a copy of Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga, the 1st edition known as "Viking Fury" (I think it's in new in shrink too if that helps)... I'm not exactly sure of it's value, from the bgg sale history

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/prices.cgi?gameid=12495

there are 4 sales in the last 2 years (Jan 2010 to now)

£ 15.99 new Nov 3 2011 Feb 7 2012 This is the original Ragnar Brothers Vking Fury edition New in shrink. £3 to UK, £5 to Europe

US$ 70 verygood Sep 14 2011 Oct 10 2011 This is the original Ragnar Brothers edition of Viking Fury, including the Tea Cloth board. This game has been played and enjoyed, and is in very good condition.

US$ 35 verygood Dec 6 2010 Dec 6 2010 Viking Fury Reserved for Vincent Coppola

US$ 70 likenew Jan 25 2010 Mar 2 2010 This is for Viking Fury published by Ragnar Brothers

the 1st one note wasn't available in the USA. The most recent US sale was over $60.. does this edition qualify?

I'll allow it. We'll let the participants determine the value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Most of the games I'm looking at are either at (or slightly below) the $60 threshold (so, Mage Knight, for instance, I can get for anywhere from $53-$56 new online ...

Chris, where do you see this?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.