GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: "Free" Letter Head game to Geekster in UK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, going to try something different...

I collect 4x4 games. There is a game called Letter Heads which is for sell on ebay UK. The postage to the USA will probably be three times what the game will cost according to the seller. So I'm willing to bid on it and have it drop shipped to some Geekster in the UK who will get the game for "free" which would cut my cost about in half.

In return I'd expect:

(1) At least 3 decent resolution pictures of game for BGG (box front, box back, one of contents scattered...)

(2) Mail or email me copy of rules

(3) Letter count of the tiles.

I'd guess for kids around 10 this might be a game they would play.

Anyone interested in working with me on this? I'm not willing to go all out to win this game. I'm willing to bid somewhat more than the 4 pounds the game is now selling for...

See:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LETTER-HEADS-GAME-MARKS-SPENCER-/2...

Regards,
Herb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Frew
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Herb

I'd happily help you out with this if no one else comes forward (though if they do I'll equally happily stand down and let them take over - I just noticed you were getting close to your deadline). Let me know either way if you do win the item and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks

Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. I've bid, now let's see if I win. I'm not going to watch this or bid more. On other auctions I've been outbid by a small amount at the last moment.

The seller was agreeable, but quoted £14.60 to ship to US.

Herb

edfrew wrote:
Hi Herb

I'd happily help you out with this if no one else comes forward (though if they do I'll equally happily stand down and let them take over - I just noticed you were getting close to your deadline). Let me know either way if you do win the item and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks

Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Marsden
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
I'm not going to watch this or bid more. On other auctions I've been outbid by a small amount at the last moment.

You need to try an "Auction Sniper" site.

You put in the maximum amount you want to pay, then it will attempt to auto-bid for you up to that amount just before the auction ends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockwell_666 wrote:
herace wrote:
I'm not going to watch this or bid more. On other auctions I've been outbid by a small amount at the last moment.

You need to try an "Auction Sniper" site.

You put in the maximum amount you want to pay, then it will attempt to auto-bid for you up to that amount just before the auction ends :)

The security of that kind of site has always bothered me. In order for it to work, I'd have to give them my Ebay password so that they can make ebay thinks it is me.

Thus such a site is a prime hacking target. I use a different password for every account of any consequence, but many folks don't.

With the ability to move money at the click of a mouse and a few keystrokes, I've gotten paranoid about security for everything associated with money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to buy games from ebay and after losing too many games through last second bids, I found out about sniping.

Simple answer I had was a second ebay account with its own password and email address. Everything else is secure, different IDs and passwords.

I no longer have the time to trawl though the thousands (literally) of what I consider to be junk items looking for the one or two interesting/bargain items. Good luck to those who do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edfrew wrote:
Hi Herb

Thanks

Ed

Ed,

I actually had the high bid! I send you a private message for your address.

Herb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Frew
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos are taken and I'm sending the link over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edfrew wrote:
Photos are taken and I'm sending the link over!

Ed, I've got them. Super Fantastic photos!!!!!!!!

I now have a "digital" copy of the game. I really believe that museums are going to do this in the future. It is a lot cheaper to store files than it is to store physical objects. BGG has 50,000 games (not all well documented...). Imagine how big the "museum" would have to be to hold that many games.

Ecstatically happy,
Herb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.